TSC bar oil?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting the Menards stuff tomorrow. People that think you have to run name brand expensive oil crack me up.

Menard's around here occasionally drops bar oil to $5 a gallon. That's when I stock up. It's about the same as TSC bar oil. My saws cannot tell the difference.
yes their sale usually states the price off the shelf is 4.99 a gal. here as well! being the price is not at that point right now I will still grab another 24 gallons this Friday ! if the price does drop another .50 cents a gallon ? I will be doubling down for another years worth!!!!

get it while you can! the price is almost free! "FREE", AS I HAD TO PAY $25.00 BUCKS FOR A GALLON AT A MOM AND POPS STORE 30 MILES AWAY FROM THE NEAREST CHEAP PLACE!!! always bring two jugs when you only need 1.... lol

get it while you can! the price is almost free! "FREE", AS I HAD TO PAY $25.00 BUCKS FOR A GALLON AT A MOM AND POPS STORE 30 MILES AWAY FROM THE NEAREST CHEAP PLACE!!! always bring two jugs when you only need 1.... lol
That's robbery!!!! Even for Stihl oil!

That's nuts. I understand the mom and pops places have to make money, but sheesh...you can always use car oil in a pinch, it works OK. That's all I used from like 1970 to 2003 or so. New clean oil, not used I mean.

That's nuts. I understand the mom and pops places have to make money, but sheesh...you can always use car oil in a pinch, it works OK. That's all I used from like 1970 to 2003 or so. New clean oil, not used I mean.
this is true but all m/p stores don't stock motor oil by the quart or gallon with b/c oil next to a pricey jug of b/c...... and I don't carry gallons of motor oil in my truck! lol for the m/p store, it don't exist anymore either in a heavy logging/firewood area....

I use the blue stihl oil in winter and tsc in the summer. I tried to use tsc when its cold but it is really thick. With blue stihl it doesn't matter what temperature it is. Around me stihl is around $20 a gallon.

I use the blue stihl oil in winter and tsc in the summer. I tried to use tsc when its cold but it is really thick. With blue stihl it doesn't matter what temperature it is. Around me stihl is around $20 a gallon.
I'll cut mine with vegetable oil or diesel to thin it in the winter. No way I'm spending that much money on oil.

I have never used expensive oil. I have never had a problem with bar damage because of it. Make sure the hole in your bar is not plugged and it will do just fine.

The worst is when it's real cold and the oil gels up under under the clutch cover. That's why I will thin it.

the makers of mile marker winches' are selling bar & chain oil through mills fleet farm for 6.97 a gallon! anyone ever try this brand out?
The other Farm and Fleet has milemaster b/c oil on sale for $5 right now. I picked up 2 gallons and will give it a try. It seems pretty thin which should be OK for winter.

Latest posts

Back