Two years later.......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spike60

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Saturday morning a guy we hadn't seen in about two years comes in. He's an OK guy, but most would agree that he's pretty well toasted.

"JJ told me that one of my saws is here

Yeah, the 385. It's been here almost two years.

I reported that saw stolen to the police.

You don't remember bringing it here?

I thought somebody swiped it from my garage

Here's the bill with the repair and the dates we called you.

Wow, man. I better tell the police it's not stolen. I'll get arrested for stealing my own saw."

wow u kept the saw that long, good i guess

but surely you have to cover running costs... cant you sell after 6 months to recoup???

cheers, serg

I sure hope you got something for holding on to that saw for two years Spike.................

.............cut your firewood, rented it out to tree service guys for stump flushing, practice saw for new techs, demo saw for noobs, something.

You're a good man Spike to wait two years to get compensated for a repair from a dip$h1t.:clap: :cheers:

He probably already pocketed the insurance money. I am always jealous of those lucky ones who can go through life just plastered without a care in the world...

quick, call the cops, tell them you saw someone walking down the road with a stolen chainsaw.:)

He probably already pocketed the insurance money. I am always jealous of those lucky ones who can go through life just plastered without a care in the world...

How can you be jealous of someone who pi$$es away everything and they do have a care in the world...........................where the next fix is.:censored:

(I know you were saying that in jest, if not you need your head examined)

I sure hope you got something for holding on to that saw for two years Spike.................

.............cut your firewood, rented it out to tree service guys for stump flushing, practice saw for new techs, demo saw for noobs, something.

You're a good man Spike to wait two years to get compensated for a repair from a dip$h1t.:clap: :cheers:

Yeah, we did use it a bit. If something is around that long it sort of becomes community property. We'll use it ourselves, or loan it out to a guy who's in a jam. I've got a Husky 36 that I use for opening the Exmark crates.

This story does raise an interesting point though: If we sold that thing off to someone else, they would be out there running a "stolen" saw. It could be sorted out, but it would be a PITA.

Gee after reading that I better make sure my motor in my truck was not reported stolen! Same story with my friend I got the truck off, went to get a Rebuilt engine for it, and the Engine shop said do we have a deal for you a rebuilt 350 olds motor for only labour cost.
I guess someone dropped it off 2 years ago to get rebuilt the engine shop could not contact this guy so it sat for two years in the shop. My buddy bought it and put it in the truck a 1980 diesel so the olds gas was a direct replacement, + a new tranny.

around here--after the saw is fixed--you call them--and tell them they have 30 days to come and pay the bill and get it--if not--you can legally sell it for the repair bill---been done before---and before you get on my case--the above example proves it------

Most places around here have clearly posted signs about what happens to stuff left there. Usually after 6 months it's up for grabs. One guy has "Any item left over 90 days is subject to sale" printed on the bottom of his slips. Couple registered letters to the owner should satisfy any requirement that you tried to notify them.

Back