UNACCEPTABLE ‼

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love this thread. calling the weather unacceptable??? lol. i'm pretty sure the weather is something you have to accept.

spidey you make this forum interesting for sure. :)
Ha! Spidey likes to argue with everybody (or maybe I should say anybody?) about anything, him callin BS on the big guys weather patterns is just par for the course and...well, consistent. I guess ya gotta give the guy points for that (the consistency that is) :laugh:

No sence ******** about the weather, can't change it. I'd take winter weather over 100+ days everyday of the year. Only thing good about summer heat, is it dries my firewood.
Couldn't agree more. With a set of Key Polar bibs and coat and proper under layers and a pair of Baffens, -40f ambient temps are no problem. When it's 100 in Houston there is no way to be comfortable. This time of year, I start considering work in cooler climates.

Ha! Spidey likes to argue with everybody (or maybe I should say anybody?) about anything...

:laugh:
Not everybody/anybody, there's a couple on this site I won't argue with anymore because they don't know how to have an adult argument.
But as you can see from this post... I'm still willing to argue with you :D

Well, Texas was not spared in this cool wave. Yesterday it started with T shirt weather, then soon flannel shirt then coat. It was 37 this morning. Nice fire going, burning my splitter uglies that I have in a barrel. Looks like the uglies should all be gone in the next few mornings. Texas heat is just around the corner. Hooray Heat for a while anyways.

No snow here this morning but 24°... just 15° a few miles west of here.
I hate to say it, but I'm gonna' need to move a little bit more firewood in the house tonight (just a little, kind'a going day-by-day right now).

Yep! Last week I was taking a bale of hay out to the donkeys and I was sinking in the pasture and today the ground is frozen. Today would be a good day to move in some wood. 14º here this morning, talking 6 inches of snow sometimes this week. Suppose to plant the potatoes on Good Friday. Looks like a good day to clean up my wood cutting area...

He complains about it being too cold, then he complains about it being too hot.
;)

I'm new but I'm with him. I went out Sunday in bibs and teeshirt thinking good day until the sweat started dripping. Went in and thermometer said 89 and caved and turned the ac on. Great, skip spring and do summer already. Might as well plant tomatoes. Nope, just saw that tonight it's supposed to be 28. Sweating bullets to frozen water for the livestock in 2 days.

I live in wv because I like seasons. Random Hot/Cold/Hot/Cold do not count, so I'll hitch on to that complaint wagon.

I love NE Iowa's late September and early October weather, usually lots of sun, gentile breezes and perfect temperatures... I do believe that 4-6 week window is what keeps me here.
Mornings somewhere in the 40's and afternoons bumping up close to 70° with a bright clear-blue sky... flannel shirt in the morning, t-shirt in the afternoon... perfect "sit around the fire pit" evenings (see, I'm easy to please :D ).
We get the same temperatures during the month of May, but with more wind and less sun... it just don't feel the same.
July and August are the worst, flat hot and damn humid... although, after this last winter, I'm beginning to hate January and February just as much as mid-summer.

Sure come on down but it might not be here when you arrive. It was 77 on Sunday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No snow, but it was in the 60's and drenching rain today - now headed down to 26. Last night the windows were open in our room and I was still a bit too warm.

I lit the little stove when I got home, and now I'm gonna load up the big stove with well seasoned ash (that's less I'll have to move off the porch so I can hang the swing). Go ahead, get cold, see if I care!

Back