Unprofessional?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Btw, there aren't a lot of other options around here... which is why I'm considering buying a chain saw. :cool:
Chainsaw is dangerous for a man... I would not suggest to buy one.
Where in USA? Maybe you are close to somebody from here who willing to help you out. And don't care what you wear..... But we don't know from where you from....
Just remember not all mans are dogs....

I'll share this with the OP. He who files first, usually wins. Meaning, don't let this guy file a claim for unpaid work done. Take him to small claims for damages first. Not sure what actual damages you'd be able to recover, but it will limit his likelihood of being able to claim you just didn't pay him for the work he did.
That's how they see it , your right.

I'll share this with the OP. He who files first, usually wins. Meaning, don't let this guy file a claim for unpaid work done. Take him to small claims for damages first. Not sure what actual damages you'd be able to recover, but it will limit his likelihood of being able to claim you just didn't pay him for the work he did.
Exactly what I was thinking which is why I called the police back a second time to make an official report.
I'm pissed and upset he violated my property. It's no different than coming home to find your home has been burgled and ransacked.
As far as the "work" he did - the undisputable fact is I NEVER CONSENTED to him doing anything. That log just happened to be one of the many items we discussed for an estimate.
It can't be put back the way it was and I will be the one to clean up the mess. I really have no desire to take him to court I am definitely contacting the insurance company who recommended him and also the BBB, for what its worth.

A side note about this guy. When I mentioned his name to girl at work, (edit for Dr. P because he actually thought I contacted this guy AFTER I was warned) AFTER he had trespassed and damaged my property, she rolled her eyes and said she knew he was bad news. They had him cut timber off their property a while back and she said he left the most awful mess. She also used to run a restaurant in town where he was a regular customer. She said he would flirt with the waitresses say "gross" remarks of sexual content. While I was in his presence, he answered three different phone calls. The first was from a customer, from what I heard him tell his buddy. She was calling to tell him she only wanted limbs cut off a tree and not the entire tree taken down. "Misunderstanding? Sure. The other two calls, he got verbally abusive and ended the calls by saying, "Don't call me again for anything." and hung up. "Misunderstanding"? Sure.

So, I'll contact an attorney on Monday. TY for the advice.

Exactly what I was thinking which is why I called the police back a second time to make an official report.
I'm pissed and upset he violated my property. It's no different than coming home to find your home has been burgled and ransacked.
As far as the "work" he did - the undisputable fact is I NEVER CONSENTED to him doing anything. That log just happened to be one of the many items we discussed for an estimate.
It can't be put back the way it was and I will be the one to clean up the mess. I really have no desire to take him to court I am definitely contacting the insurance company who recommended him and also the BBB, for what its worth.

A side note about this guy. When I mentioned his name to girl at work, she rolled her eyes and said he was bad news. They had him cut timber off their property a while back and she said he left the most awful mess. She also used to run a restaurant in town where he was a regular customer. She said he would flirt with the waitresses say "gross" remarks of sexual content. While I was in his presence, he answered three different phone calls. The first was from a customer, from what I heard him tell his buddy. She was calling to tell him she only wanted limbs cut off a tree and not the entire tree taken down. "Misunderstanding? Sure. The other two calls, he got verbally abusive and ended the calls by saying, "Don't call me again for anything." and hung up. "Misunderstanding"? Sure.

Are you saying that after you had a conversation with the lady you work with concerning this guy that you still decided to contact him?

Like what? Like how he knew you wore boxer shorts, how he knew where you worked, how there were already a bunch of people involved, how one of the things you mentioned to us just recently is how good you still look for being so old.
You're joking, right?
So... do you also think that women get raped because they "are asking for it"?
To answer your questions:
I don't wear boxer shorts. Maybe the question should be why this guy gets off looking a boxer shorts. Oh I know. He must be a closet homosexual.
He knew where I worked because I told him. Duh.
I don't know what "bunch of people you are referring to."
I never said I was "so old." And yes, I look damn good for my age. I inherited that quality from my mother.

Are you actually taking sides with a person who was setting me up for a scam and turned a portion of my yard into a disaster zone? That would make you just as bad in my book.

Btw, I ran my own business for 20 years. I never once had a 'misunderstanding" with a single customer about a job. Why you ask? because I ALWAYS put my estimates in writing, gave the customer the original, and kept a copy for myself. That's the way to conduct business.
And I never once told a customer I was "helping them out" because they were good-looking. And I certainly never told a customer what to wear while I was working.

Are you saying that after you had a conversation with the lady you work with concerning this guy that you still decided to contact him?
LOL You are so predictable. Thanks for not disappointing.
I considered rewording that before I posted, but thought, No need. No one will be stupid enough to think that. And then I thought of you.
lol

A side note about this guy. When I mentioned his name to girl at work, she rolled her eyes and said he was bad news. They had him cut timber off their property a while back and she said he left the most awful mess. She also used to run a restaurant in town where he was a regular customer. She said he would flirt with the waitresses say "gross" remarks of sexual content. While I was in his presence, he answered three different phone calls. The first was from a customer, from what I heard him tell his buddy. She was calling to tell him she only wanted limbs cut off a tree and not the entire tree taken down. "Misunderstanding? Sure. The other two calls, he got verbally abusive and ended the calls by saying, "Don't call me again for anything." and hung up. "Misunderstanding"? Sure.

Consulting an attorney is a good idea. However, in most states you won't need (or can't use) an attorney in small claims court. My advice isn't to make this a "big legal deal", but rather that I'd advise you to file a small claim regarding the damages he did without any agreed upon work order.

Good luck, sounds like a hot mess.

Consulting an attorney is a good idea. However, in most states you won't need (or can't use) an attorney in small claims court. My advice isn't to make this a "big legal deal", but rather that I'd advise you to file a small claim regarding the damages he did without any agreed upon work order.

Good luck, sounds like a hot mess.
Yes, a huge hot mess.
I see what you're saying.
how would you suggest I calculate the damages?
There's the damage to the log he cut up and hauled away, the trees that were growing around it, and the flower beds. The time it will take me to clean it all up.
The violation, in my opinion, was that he did all this without any permission - and the fact that he did it when he knew I was at work and then attempted to extort $500 from me after it was done - makes me confident that he is a crook and that was his plan all along, especially after I told him I didn't want the holly cut down for $750. No doubt he's a crook.

You're joking, right?
So... do you also think that women get raped because they "are asking for it"?
To answer your questions:
I don't wear boxer shorts. Maybe the question should be why this guy gets off looking a boxer shorts. Oh I know. He must be a closet homosexual.
He knew where I worked because I told him. Duh.
I don't know what "bunch of people you are referring to."
I never said I was "so old." And yes, I look damn good for my age. I inherited that quality from my mother.

Are you actually taking sides with a person who was setting me up for a scam and turned a portion of my yard into a disaster zone? That would make you just as bad in my book.

Btw, I ran my own business for 20 years. I never once had a 'misunderstanding" with a single customer about a job. Why you ask? because I ALWAYS put my estimates in writing, gave the customer the original, and kept a copy for myself. That's the way to conduct business.
And I never once told a customer I was "helping them out" because they were good-looking. And I certainly never told a customer what to wear while I was working.

No, I am not joking, never really was.

I have had countless encounters with women who would try to use flirtatious promiscuity with me to try to make me clean up the fallen tree that had sat for years and years to which they have convinced themselves it was art and to hang birdfeeders of it roots after exhausting all other avenues of getting it removed without monetary compensation.

I have also seen what some men do.

I am not siding with anybody, I am only asking questions. I am not going to immediately side with the person who is the first to make a complaint. I feel there is more going on than meets the eye.

I have had countless encounters with women who would try to use flirtatious promiscuity with me to try to make me clean up the fallen tree that had sat for years and years to which they have convinced themselves it was art and to hang birdfeeders of it roots after exhausting all other avenues of getting it removed without monetary compensation.

I am not siding with anybody, I am only asking questions. I am not going to immediately side with the person who is the first to make a complaint. I feel there is more going on than meets the eye.
Are you here to judge? She was an innocent victim of some Jackwagon.

LOL You are so predictable. Thanks for not disappointing.
I considered rewording that before I posted, but thought, No need. No one will be stupid enough to think that. And then I thought of you.
lol

Yes, things and people are quite predictable aren't they? Its kitsch. I saw you coming a mile away. Now you go back to hanging birdfeeders on the roots of the tree you have tried for five years to get somebody to haul away for free and I will go back to not falling for your kind of crap. And thank you for being so entertaining.

I'm sure you have and I know the type. Believe me, I am not one of those.
I am very independent. I do everything I can for myself. I despise asking for help, and I never expect anything 'for free" because nothing is for free. When there is work to be done that is more than I can manage, and that's not much, I look for an expert to help me, one who will charge a fair rate for a job well done. That is what I expect in a business transaction.
And as far as the log you are referring to, that you assume I wanted removed for free, I couldn't find anyone to PAY to haul it off. None of the loggers would touch it because it was in a yard and they said there was a possibility of nails being in it that could damage their equipment.
So, NO I don't expect anything for free and, trust me, any work I have done I pay for it, promptly, and in full.

And, yes, my log was beautiful yard art. I and the abundant wildlife in my yard had grown very fond of it.

Are you here to judge? She was an innocent victim of some Jackwagon.

How in the **** do you know that she is an innocent victim? Just because she said she was?

I think this is a convergence of two Jackwagons.

And you are telling me about being a judge? Hell, you only heard bits and pieces of one side and you judged her as innocent! My man, are you mad?

Yes, things and people are quite predictable aren't they? Its kitsch. I saw you coming a mile away. Now you go back to hanging birdfeeders on the roots of the tree you have tried for five years to get somebody to haul away for free and I will go back to not falling for your kind of crap. And thank you for being so entertaining.
Now I can't do that can I? Some dickwad hacked it up and hauled it away without my permission. Which, by the way, blows your theory out of the water.

How in the **** do you know that she is an innocent victim? Just because she said she was?

And you are telling me about being a judge? Hell, you only heard bits and pieces of one side and you judged her as innocent! My man, are you mad?
And how the hell do you know it is not true? If you had a reason to believe otherwise it would be different. From what I have read so far it is believable. Are you a doctor or is that BS? I know you aint so nuff said!

I'm sure you have and I know the type. Believe me, I am not one of those.
I am very independent. I do everything I can for myself. I despise asking for help, and I never expect anything 'for free" because nothing is for free. When there is work to be done that is more than I can manage, and that's not much, I look for an expert to help me, one who will charge a fare rate for a job well done. That is what I expect in a business transaction.
And as far as the log you are referring to, that you assume I wanted removed for free, I couldn't find anyone to PAY to haul it off. None of the loggers would touch it because it was in a yard and they said there was a possibility of nails being in it that could damage their equipment.
So, NO I don't expect anything for free and, trust me, any work I have done I pay for it, promptly, and in full.

And, yes, my log was beautiful yard art. I and the abundant wildlife in my yard had grown very fond of it.

Then how did this guy get the idea you wanted the fallen tree removed?

And nobody is independent. People say that because they are pissed off, usually at the opposite sex.

I just wanted to let you know, since I won't be replying to you any more, that I have had my fill of Jackwagons for the week.
I don't know you, you mean less than nothing to me, and your replies to me and about me have been accusatory and insulting.
And you know what? I don't care. In the click of a button - poof - you cease to exist.
have a nice day.
:drinkingcoffee:

And how the hell do you know it is not true? If you had a reason to believe otherwise it would be different. From what I have read so far it is believable. Are you a doctor or is that BS? I know you aint so nuff said!

I don't know! I never said I did!

I am about as much as a doctor as you are a lone wolf.

Now I can't do that can I? Some dickwad hacked it up and hauled it away without my permission. Which, by the way, blows your theory out of the water.

Can we go back to the part where you said you had a bunch of people cutting what they could for firewood and you calling " every timber cutter in town"? Can we? I didn't think so.

Back