Unprofessional?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You answered that question...;)
Here's a real good definition of a skid steer...a piece of heavy equipment invented many yrs back, that takes 99% of the sting of a helluva lot of Manuel (pun intended) labor...right outta the equation. ;)[/QUOTE]
Oh yeah (I googled) I drove one of those a few times at the nursery I used to work for (office manager and pretty much whatever else needed doing).
Handy-dandy piece of equipment - I just don't happen to have one.

At this point, after you have everything filed, I would clean it up, and start over.
Yup, that's what I've decided.
Just finished putting in my three hours of yard work for the day. Working on cleaning up the yard damage. I was able to salvage some of the irises from the root ball in the brush pile. That was the prettiest part of the log - when the root ball upended, it took the irises with it. They reoriented themselves vertically and every year they
bloomed - 10' up in the air.

:)
DSC01610_zpsob84qrac.jpg
DSC01612_zps9hc54twg.jpg
[/QUOTE]

High 5.

Here's a real good definition of a skid steer...a piece of heavy equipment invented many yrs back, that takes 99% of the sting of a helluva lot of Manuel (pun intended) labor...right outta the equation. ;)
Oh yeah (I googled) I drove one of those a few times at the nursery I used to work for (office manager and pretty much whatever else needed doing).
Handy-dandy piece of equipment - I just don't happen to have one.[/QUOTE]

Join the club gal...very few of us on here do own one. I'd love to have one, but for that kinda coinage, something tells me I think I'd go the skid steer 911 route...Porsche style, if ya know what I mean. :D

Tapatalk is broken or AS is going " Udders Up."

Skid steer

A bobcat- Bobcat is a brand, but it's a good example.

Those can be rented by the day from equipment rental businesses if the job calls for one.

And you could add that to your " I'm a woman that can handle her own business, hear me roar" list.

Kudos

P.S.
Don't skimp on the PPE.

Chainsaws bite back if put in a bind: Be prepared.

Tapatalk is broken or AS is going " Udders Up."

Skid steer

A bobcat- Bobcat is a brand, but it's a good example.

Those can be rented by the day from equipment rental businesses if the job calls for one.

And you could add that to your " I'm a woman that can handle her own business, hear me roar" list.

Kudos

P.S.
Don't skimp on the PPE.

Chainsaws bite back if put in a bind: Be prepared.
Not a bad idea on the rental... do they rent chain saws? I could spend my money on the good PPE and rent the saw for as little as I'd be using one.
Roar? More like a Meow.
:rolleyes:
it does feel great to get things accomplished on my own though.

Not a bad idea on the rental... do they rent chain saws? I could spend my money on the good PPE and rent the saw for as little as I'd be using one.
Meow.

Yes Meow.

But they are normally beat to death, Meow.

Why are we Super Troopering this thread, Meow?

About the kickback...
I bought myself a skill saw several years ago. On the first cut, it kicked back on me. Scared the bejebus out of me and I got rid of it the next day.
Kickback is caused by allowing the bar, or in that case the blade, to get in a bind, typically pinched.

If you follow the rules, you won't have that problem.

Roar? More like a Meow.
it does feel great to get things accomplished on my own though.
Heavy equipment rental places might where you're at...they don't rent chain saws here. But a lotta Home Depots, again not here as well, will rent chain saws. Just have to check. From the looks of your property, by the way which looks great with plenty of trees, a saw purchase might be a good, long term investment. When storms and whatnot roll through, you'll appreciate having a saw onsite...food for thought.

Heavy equipment rental places might where you're at...they don't rent chain saws here. But a lotta Home Depots, again not here as well, will rent chain saws. Just have to check. From the looks of your property, by the way which looks great with plenty of trees, a saw purchase might be a good, long term investment. When storms and whatnot roll through, you'll appreciate having a saw onsite...food for thought.
This.

Go with the premix fuel, I forget the Sithl or Husky brand, or Truel Fuel, or VP premix.

Just make sure it is premix.

Many a new saw has been ruint with plan gas, "straight gas".

Don't even search for the correct ratio on here: you will be board to tears.

Follow the recommendation at your dealer.

I see now.

We appreciate someone with a sense of humor: there have been others of supposedly your persuasion, that lacked their humerus bones.
[emoji6]
It's not always a pinch/bind situation that causes the effect...getting near the top of the very bar tip can be a rear end tightening experience as well...

It's not always a pinch/bind situation that causes the effect...getting near the top of the very bar tip can be a rear end tightening experience as well...
That's the part about following the rules:

Don't let the top of your tip come in contact with the wood.

There's an illustration somewhere.

:p
True... I wasn't thinking of the storm damage that inevitably comes along every year... keeping the everlasting brush pile fed. Speaking of the brush pile, I got mad again this morning seeing all the ruts and track damage he did with his skid steer ( :p ) all around the brush pile. I burned it down last month and spent an entire Sunday afternoon raking and leveling it out. :angry:

Back