Untouched hardwoods

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pioneerguy600

Lost in Space
Staff member
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
This weekend I went to check out a piece of hardwood land that I have not set foot on for 30 years, this lot is only 26 acres of trees that have never heard a chainsaw, they are practically inaccessable as they are in a small vale between two high hills, no storm winds hit them hereThe last time a couple of trees were felled here was in 1947 and they were cut down with axes and crosscuts.The oldest trees here are around 350 years, short growing season = smaller trees, 36" DDH and only 100' high. This is where I go to get in touch with my inner spirit and no saws will cut here as long as I am alive.

2010%20Trip%20to%20Alaska%201422.jpg

2010%20Trip%20to%20Alaska%201423.jpg

2010%20Trip%20to%20Alaska%201432.jpg

Will post a few more.

I'm on my way with my MS 390 to "harvest" your inner peace ancient forest. Just sharpened my chain.:greenchainsaw:

My wife had heard many stories told of this place and she had wanted to see it for many years. The stories included the animals that live here also. My dad could communicate with many animals that live in this province and he taught me some of his ways. My first call was to the owl`s and 30 seconds after my first owl hoot I got an answer from one close by, that set of at least another 3 that all kept up answering. Next I tried calling the loons that oversummer in the big pond down stream a couple hundred yards, they responded within seconds of my three note, where are you call. Lastly I called with a drawn out wholf howl and was answered by at least 2-3 animals, most likely they were overgrown coyotes but wolves are also rumored to live in this area. To my wife this all seemed surreal, although she had listened and watched my dad communicate with the wild animals around our summer cottage she had never been deep in the woods when the animals responded.
Pioneerguy600

Nice pics! Does the stream run all year round? Are there any native fish in the stream? Looks like a great place for solitude.
:cheers:

Nice piece of Nova Scotia, Jerry. I think everyone should have somewhere like that to go, there would be a lot less trouble in the world.
Been hearing rumors for years of a patch of supposedly virgin old growth timber in the eastern end of PEI. Owned by a very secretive farm family that don't want the location to get out, and I don't blame them. Love to go see it before I die though. If the rumors are true, there are some very,very large sticks there.

:cheers:

All the more powerful a testimonial, coming from a chainsaw guy. :cheers: :cheers:

It holds a special place and many pleasant memories for me, at one time not that many years ago we had 5000 acres like it in our family, sadly mine is the only acreage left that has not seen cutting activity.
Pioneerguy600

Back