Update: Buy a 038 Magnum or a Homelite Super 1050 Auto?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice score man! From the pics, I'd say it's a late production S1050. Probably early '80s. The giveaways are the Walbro SDC carb/manifold setup (most of the earlier saws of this series have Tillotson HL's), the decals, and the handguard on the front handle. I have a friend who bought one of those new. Still has it, but swapped in a Tillotson HL and manifold from an earlier saw. The "3263" on the bar probably just means a 32" bar that's .063g. Is that a hardnose bar? I can't tell for certain from those pics.

Last edited:
Nice score man! From the pics, I'd say it's a late production S1050. Probably early '80s. The giveaways are the Walbro SDC carb/manifold setup (most of the earlier saws of this series have Tillotson HL's), the decals, and the handguard on the front handle. I have a friend who bought one of those new. Still has it, but swapped in a Tillotson HL and manifold from an earlier saw. The "3263" on the bar probably just means a 32" bar that's .063g. Is that a hardnose bar? I can't tell for certain from those pics.

It makes sense to me that it may be from the early '80s; if you look at the decal on the top cover the word "super" is in a funny font that struck me as being characteristic of the 1980s when I first looked at it. The handguard is also weird because at first I couldn't figure out how it should hook up to a chain brake. Then it hit me: no brake, just a guard, old-school style. And yes, the bar is hardnose, not roller tip. Thanks for the info.

Olyeller

That's funny. I can't even get pics to open on my posts and now I'm supposed to get into vids now? I'll have to get up to speed on this posting tech stuff first. Hardly have time to run the saws and post here as it is! But I am anxious to put this old saw to work.

Olyeller

Latest posts

Back