Upgraded 462 Dogs / Dawgs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unless you have a 3/4 wrap the big clutch cover is not what I would call an upgrade. It doesn’t really discharge chips any better and it’s meant to keep your hand out of the sprocket and chain when working on the clutch side of the wrap. The dawgs will mount up on the standard clutch cover.

The roller chain catcher is nice but not really needed. The standard one does a fine job. It is really nice when a long chain (>90 drivers) is thrown.

Thanks for all the info. I went with these. 30 bucks shipped. Added the roller too.

I will update on the quality and functionality when I get em

s-l1600.jpg

Am I allowed to post ebay links? If not, they are simple to find. The seller was customchainsawparts.

Am I allowed to post ebay links? If not, they are simple to find. The seller was customchainsawparts.

He's got them in Orange too.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DOG-SET-FI...665114?hash=item542982685a:g:zkIAAOSwubFab1Af

The high gloss looks nice. I wonder how they will hold up.

--------------------------

I guess not so good. First Review --> Functions well, paint doesn't last

Spikes were easy to install and looked great until digging into the first tree, at which point the orange paint began to flake off. I know. It's a chainsaw. I get it. Just thought paint would last longer than the first cut. They work as expected though and really help the saw dig in. Other than the paint I would have scored them a 5.

Still they have good reviews so likely these will serve you well. :)

@catbuster you don't think that little tiny OEM dawg that came with it is a tad small? Or are you saying I go to my dealer and get a full new set?

@MontanaResident I was looking at those. I like them just wasn't sure on quality. You like them? Heavy duty enough?

What kind of wood do you cut ?

Whats the handle for the Greek fella everyone keeps referring to on here? Should I buy a lightweight bar and chain from him or just get it from Baileys?

Whats the handle for the Greek fella everyone keeps referring to on here? Should I buy a lightweight bar and chain from him or just get it from Baileys?

I got a couple of Tsumura from Amazon. Good prices. I have a Tsumura 30" .404 .063 in my wish list for $83, which is about $10 less then a Stihl bar would cost me from the dealer.

https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/new-stihl-es-light-20-and-25-3-8-063-bars.339669/

This is the dude from Greece selling the Stihl lightweight bars. Note that they're .063 gauge. Nothing wrong with that, but you may or may not be able to get loops for it at your local dealer. Plenty available online though.

Hope my don't end up too big.

Can you guys answer a question for me?

Does Stihl sell a 25 inch AND a 24 inch bar? Or what? I am confused.

I am thinking about settling on a 28inch light bar for all my needs

Back