Upped the anty on hauling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c5rulz

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
The other day people gave me cr@p about too much weight on the trailer so I gotta bigger container. The wood came from this thread.

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/heres-where-my-firewood-comes-from.272705/

v8pge8.jpg

16k95oo.jpg

ibf3t3.jpg

2d00yo1.jpg

311mdyh.jpg

14v5st3.jpg

Looks like you will be giving that 288 a work out.

Plan on using a Fiskars to split??

I have been running the 288 this week and it is getting better with every tank, this OEM piston is new. Actually I do use a Fiskars, Of course the rounds are cut 3/4 of the way through. The only bad thing is the 372XPG which has semi chisel on it right now is starting to feel like the red haired step child compared to the 288 and 7900.

I called you today and left a message Frank.

now that is an impressive load of wood. Didn't mean to give you crap about the trailer, that was not my intention.

awesome score!!! awesome pics!! one thing i'm always concerned about its getting logs with carpenter ants in em. so i spray em. i cant say that takes care of em all. but it helps.

I always found the colder it was the better time to split.

I agree.

The best time to split by hand is when it has been -20 for a few days, then warms up to say 10-20 degrees. The wood just seems to "pop" then.

awesome score!!! awesome pics!! one thing i'm always concerned about its getting logs with carpenter ants in em. so i spray em. i cant say that takes care of em all. but it helps.

On occasion I will run into ants. I will split those pieces smaller, the ants can't live that way as the wood dries out. In the summer I spray them too.

On occasion I will run into ants. I will split those pieces smaller, the ants can't live that way as the wood dries out. In the summer I spray them too.

Not busy enough, getting another load tomorrow. Only going to get a 30 yard container, driver made some comment about this here thing called being "overweight".:innocent:

Back