Upstate NY GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now I've gotta come up with a name for this guy........I was thinkin maybe "Lucky"?

_MG_2048_zps029be367.jpg

Make it two . . .

Shout out from Oneida County!

New poster, but I've been lurking and learning for some time and the prospect of a GTG is very appealing. I'm close the the geographic center of the state. Just about anything is in range.

Last edited:
Late night in the workshop, huh? :wink2: I usually think I should be heading into the house by 11:00, but I've gone past midhight a couple times.

Takes too much effort to keep my shop heated in the winter months, so I move most of my shop tools etc.. into the basement. I have a nice little workshop down there too. I just make sure there isnt any fuel in the saws. Temps never drop below 55 with the furnace down there. In the summer months I'm usually inside by 10:00-11:00 myself.

Well she certainly looks good man! Rep on the way. That late of a night and a few cold ones...hmmm.... I hope there were no left over parts when you were done!? LOL!:dizzy:

Thanks Curry. No beverages on this one, probably why I didnt have any spare parts :msp_biggrin:

Been watching this thread since it was brought back to life. I'm over near Cooperstown and would be interested in coming if the stars align.

if the date is good count the smith boys in with our slowwww saws! we missed last year and after seeing the photos we cant miss another one:rock: plus we got some new toys i picked up a 084 and josh got a cp125

Unless I can find a 10mm crank for my beloved 044 "Christine"............she's gonna have to stay home this time.

I was gonna do a fuel line and filter change as well as a carb rebuild before the big show and well.......discovered a bad rod bearing in the process. I havent pulled her top off yet so I'm not 100% sure its the big end, but given the 10mm reputation.........I dont doubt it.

Sucks fellas.......really sucks. I about fell to my knees in tears last night.
I guess it was better to find out now before anything catostrophic happened right?

Unless I can find a 10mm crank for my beloved 044 "Christine"............she's gonna have to stay home this time.

I was gonna do a fuel line and filter change as well as a carb rebuild before the big show and well.......discovered a bad rod bearing in the process. I havent pulled her top off yet so I'm not 100% sure its the big end, but given the 10mm reputation.........I dont doubt it.

I guess it was better to find out now before anything catostrophic happened right?

Well at least you caught it before you blew her up under load! Treat her right and nurse her back to health!:(

Well I'm sure I will get to meet Christine some other time! :chainsawguy:

On a completely different note, has a date been determined yet?

My wife just reminded me that we are are traveling between April 13 to April 21 (I'll be on Niko's side of the pond drinking copious amounts of bier), which unfortunately eliminates 2 potential weekends for me. So any weekend other than the middle 2 in April works for me.

My wife just reminded me that we are are traveling between April 13 to April 21 (I'll be on Niko's side of the pond drinking copious amounts of bier), which unfortunately eliminates 2 potential weekends for me. So any weekend other than the middle 2 in April works for me.

Bring back some of that Bavarian sweet mustard. :tongue2:

Geez, now I'm feeling guilty. :frown:

I'll see if I can score a crank from a Stihl guy that I know.

Latest posts

Back