Used RIPSAW powerhead question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the saw arrived in great shape. As I carried the box from the porch to the garage, I could feel sloshing? Got it out an they had shipped it full of fuel and oil. I figured what the heck, flipped it to full choke, pulled twice, and she started right up. Opened her all the way up, dropped back down to idle with no problems. Hot dawg!!!

Now my question. I went to pull the muffler to look for scoring, so I removed the 4 screws in the front, and....nothing. Muffler won't budge. Any advice? I don't want to damage it, but I've been unable to find an exploded parts diagram or shop manual.

Figured it out today. When I looked closely at the muffler, I noticed the front wasn't crimped on...so I popped the front off and discovered 2 internal screws mounting the muffler! This will make it really easy if I decide to add another port.
P&C both looked pretty clean. I will get some pic's up later.

Glad you figured it out. I didn't reply to your last post, because I don't know how the mufflers are mounted on the 036's. If the bolts that hold it on are in the back half, what holds the front half on?

Really like to see some pics when you get it all together!

Latest posts

Back