Used Saws ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are looking to save some money on the used market I think a person needs to get over the idea that I want brand "X". If something runs and is user friendly, buy it and use it if it meets your needs.

jlaplant said:
Where does everybody fine good used Stihl saws ? Ebay might be OK to sell a saw , but the guys buying get a little bid crazy . The 2 saw shops by me never have anything used . The Swap Sheet ( local sale paper ) has saws but almost never a Stihl .

I have a MS390 and a 026 both good saws ( I got rid of the junk ) but I think I am getting the chainsaw bug . I am sure you guys understand . Any ideas ?

I think that the time of year has a lot to do with ebay chainsaw prices. Late Summer, Fall, Winter are the seller's market. Good, well-described, clean pro saws will always bring a premium. I think the wild pricing this year is due to the price of natural gas/propane. People are putting firewood up or trying to make a few bucks selling some. Check the pawn shops, check ebay, be patient and wait for spring. Good Luck.

I know this is a bad time for buying used saws, but like many others I needed one right away (bought a house, have trees that need to go, need wood for the stove etc....). I found a decent deal on an 038 magnum on egay. Just bought it, expect delivery by the weekend. I was able talke to the owner on the phone, seemed like a good guy and it was cheep enough I could probably part it out and not loose anything.

I'll be looking for a second saw over the summer, hopefully get a deal on a 372 or 7900:)

I know this is a bad time for buying used saws, but like many others I needed one right away (bought a house, have trees that need to go, need wood for the stove etc....). I found a decent deal on an 038 magnum on egay. Just bought it, expect delivery by the weekend. I was able talke to the owner on the phone, seemed like a good guy and it was cheep enough I could probably part it out and not loose anything.

I'll be looking for a second saw over the summer, hopefully get a deal on a 372 or 7900:)

I've sold a number of saws on ebay and got pretty fair prices. but never have gotten outrageous prices everyone has been talking about.

my descriptions has always been accurate and honest. with clear pictures to show exactly what buyer is getting.

100% on feedback so far...

I've had good luck with farm auctions and estate sales. Usually the items to be sold are listed in advance so you don't have to waste your time.

lotsa saws,most running,some dirty

There saws on e-bay bring too much for what it is worth,but can find a good deal on if you know what you are doing and you have a set price for it..From what I have heard from dealers all around I talk too the reason why used saws are going for so much on e-bay is they are in high demand now.. Why alot of poeple are going over to wood burning to heat there houses. I don't know if it is true or not...It is just what I heard around here..

Latest posts

Back