Used Stihl 036

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Davis

Reaction score
I just purchased this saw. I hope I made a good investment. The cover says "Made in West Germany". Could someone give me some info on this saw please. It starts on 1st pull and runs strong. Your help is greatly appreciated.
KevinIMG_20140506_160803699.jpg IMG_20140506_195647697.jpg

It's 60cc saw that produces 4.5 h.p. and weighs about 12.5 lbs. That must a very early model to have been made in Germany.

Just a wonderful light weight saw with great power to weight ratio and very solidly built.

I love mine !! - ( I chose this over a new ms361 because of it's solid reputation )

J2F

I bought it in hope to make a little money off it. But when I bought it yesterday it ran and cut very good. How old could this saw be and what could it be worth?

I bought it in hope to make a little money off it. But when I bought it yesterday it ran and cut very good. How old could this saw be and what could it be worth?
If you bought this saw just to 'flip it' and make some money...I wish I hadn't even replied to your request for info...you suck..!!

Seriously?? What's wrong with trying to make an extra buck here and there? I have a hard enough time paying the bills and keeping everything afloat as it is. You can bet if I have a chance to make a little extra money once in a while I'm gonna take it. Its just a chainsaw. (But a very good one I might add!) My brother had a west german 036 many years ago; awesome saw.

Log dude...You know full well this site is about acquiring chainsaws...not flipping them.

Especially like the one the OP has from Germany...Very Rare find..!! This is a keeper.. Not a seller...any old 036..I'm fine with a flip.

J2F

Latest posts

Back