Using 100ll AV fuel in a 4-mix engine?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
electro saw

I remember seeing the ads for those things (a 12 VDC powered saw with some longish jumper cables) years ago and thought it a spiffy idea for some of your cutting. Does yours work well, and is it one of those real old ones? Sorry, can't remember the name off hand was like decades ago.

I remember seeing the ads for those things (a 12 VDC powered saw with some longish jumper cables) years ago and thought it a spiffy idea for some of your cutting. Does yours work well, and is it one of those real old ones? Sorry, can't remember the name off hand was like decades ago.

I don't remember if I ever even cut wood with it ever. Better put that on my bucket list. It runs I know. It is in my opinion a great saw to carry in a vehicle since it has no gasoline in it. As you described, it basically has a set of jumper cable type leads and you just hook it to your battery and pull the trigger. It has a bar oil reservoir of course. Don't remember the brand off hand but it was USA made and quite old. maybe from back in the 70's? Wow, that doesn't seem like that long ago, so maybe it isn't very old. LOL. It's just sitting on my shelf.

Bet they'd sell

Bet someone could move some if they made new ones at at least fair to decent quality. I'd like one for a permanent tractor saw.

Not sure how we got from 100LL to battery power, but the saw I have is a Mini Brute. Doubt they are still around but I do think there would be a market for them. I'm sure the EPA would love them. I do see a few battery cordless mini chainsaws around

Seems a business there

Yes, seems if someone had a spare one, they could order a production run of clones, perhaps with some modern mods, and maybe sell them. Or design a new one from scratch. Just seems so practical and easy to use for some woodcutting jobs, especially just to knock out a reasonable pickup bed load.

Don't know, never tried anything like that(starting a company with a product for sale) except for a little tool I designed once (a wingnut wrench with a chuck to put it into a cordless drill, for the tradeshow industry for booth assembly/teardown) and had 50 made, sold most of them quick. That was just a real simple thing though and easy for the machine shop to make. Never tried to really push it beyond that first run, I basically did it because I wanted one for me, and 50 was the smallest run the shop would make.

But ya, a heavy duty no joke 12VDC saw with good jumper cables...could be done with modern tech and maybe come in under a hundred bucks retail..maybe.

Recently I saw a new super heavy duty 12 volt glove box chainsaw that has a cigarette lighter plug on the end. Guys are racing them at the chainsaw get togethers and nothing under 70cc can even come close. The best part is that it can also run on 12 volts or 100ll AV gas.:yoyo:

Back