Using Husqvarna 2-cycle oil in Stihl Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RES

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I was able to get a good buy on Husqvarna 2-cycle oil. Is there any downside on using this oil in Stihl saws?

RES said:
I was able to get a good buy on Husqvarna 2-cycle oil. Is there any downside on using this oil in Stihl saws?

The "downside" is that your Stihl dealer doesn't get your hard earned money for his overpriced oil...or is that an 'upside' :)

coveredinsap said:
The "downside" is that your Stihl dealer doesn't get your hard earned money for his overpriced oil...or is that an 'upside' :)

idiot.

and the answer is no downside, it will work just fine.

Yes, there is a downside, you have commited an unpardonable sin, thanks alot, now we've got the apocalypse to deal with. you see? this is why husky oil and Stihl saws are never to be mixed mmkay? :cheers:

Just kidding, you'll be fine.

Lawn Masters said:
Yes, there is a downside, you have commited an unpardonable sin, thanks alot, now we've got the apocalypse to deal with. you see? this is why husky oil and Stihl saws are never to be mixed mmkay? :cheers:

Just kidding, you'll be fine.

HAHA

I dont think the stihls will hold together very long with the extra rpm's that the husky oil will allow them to go now. :hmm3grin2orange:

Cut4fun said:
I dont think the stihls will hold together very long with the extra rpm's that the husky oil will allow them to go now. :hmm3grin2orange:

I think it's ok as long as you use an amsoil chaser.

coveredinsap said:

Well Hello Sap, how ya doing ole buddy. I see that sense of humor is still going strong there. Speaking of overprice though let me ask ya something. How much is your Husky dealer charging you for the KY he uses on you everytime you buy one of those 45.00 chains from him? Does he give it to you on the "upside" of the counter or the "downside" of the bench or do ya just grabb ya ankles and say give it to me baby? Do ya go awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww afterwards because I know its gotta hurt to pay 45.00 for a 26.00 chain....................

THALL10326 said:
Well Hello Sap, how ya doing ole buddy. I see that sense of humor is still going strong there. Speaking of overprice though let me ask ya something. How much is your Husky dealer charging you for the KY he uses on you everytime you buy one of those 45.00 chains from him? Does he give it to you on the "upside" of the counter or the "downside" of the bench or do ya just grabb ya ankles and say give it to me baby? Do ya go awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww afterwards because I know its gotta hurt to pay 45.00 for a 26.00 chain....................

With or without tip grease?????????

stihlatit said:
With or without tip grease?????????

I think its called not tip grease but knob grease, not sure. I'll ask my ole buddy when he comes on, he will know, he knows everything.................

Latest posts

Back