Vallorbe Racing Cut System

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so who's selling in US and how much?

any chance we can put together a group buy?
mfg would do a one time deal for AS regulars at super low cost.

ship to one member, who collects funds, then ships out to everyone in US/Canada.
who ever does the distribution gets one unit paid for by everyone receiving.

Last edited:

ship to one member, who collects funds, then ships out to everyone in US/Canada.
They are not in the US - yet.

They should be available from us.

Last edited:

Dont forget the UK!

http://www.amickssuperstore.net/ A sponsor here I think! Havent heard recently but think he was supposed to be the distributor.
I dont know whether we really want to get into another flap like the gang bang GB bars at dealer cost, Lol!
:cheers:

Initial costs will be lower than a grinder, but files will end up being pretty expensive in the long run as compared to finding a used square grinder if used daily.

One grinder wheel does many sharpenings, and only costs 14 - 30 bucks.

I do hope this jig works out well, though, so more folks can enjoy square chain.

Last edited:
Initial costs will be lower than a grinder, but files will end up being pretty expensive in the long run as compared to finding a used square grinder if used daily.

One grinder wheel does many sharpenings, and only costs 14 - 30 bucks.

I do hope this jig works out well, though, so more folks can enjoy square chain.

I would love to get a grinder, but new it's a bit expensive for me and I don't know if they would work here in Sweden with our electric system 220v !?

The guide works well though so I will settle with that, and super smooth cutting now has a new meaning to me :)

I did put some 20"-32" birch trees on the ground today and the b/c is just melting through the trees it's just plain fun to cut with this setup ,,,,,

Last edited:
I would love to get a grinder, but new it's a bit expensive for me and I don't know if they would work here in Sweden with our electric system 220v !?

The guide works well though so I will settle with that, and super smooth cutting now has a new meaning to me :)

I did put some 20"-32" birch trees on the ground today and the b/c is just melting through the trees it's just plain fun to cut with this setup ,,,,,

Fun is the right word. When I tried the chain Goran sent me, I just had to smile. Paired with a Dolmar 7900, it went through dry cherry like a song.

Been doing some more cutting with the chain and it just keeps amazing me, the bore cutting is like sticking a hot knife through butter :)
For you who have not tried sharp Squareground do it ,,,,,,

//Kipp

This looks very interesting indeed, i may have to give it a shot. The jig looks easy enough to make out of a few lumps of odd aluminium I have lying about... Presumably it only works for full chisel chain.

If what's said here is to be believed there's quite a performance advantage in squire filing. This is always a good thing :D

Will the guide work with Stihl RSC, and RSLK?

The proto type I had wouldn't without a slight mod (it would only do Oregon), but I think they have that worked out and it should sharpen any 3/8 chain.

Later,

PS It was a very simple mod to get it to do both so even if it doesn't come ready to do both, you can fix it no problem.

Last edited:
The proto type I had wouldn't without a slight mod (it would only do Oregon), but I think they have that worked out and it should sharpen any 3/8 chain.

Later,

PS It was a very simple mod to get it to do both so even if it doesn't come ready to do both, you can fix it no problem.

Thanks! Do you know if they are close to getting them to the US?

On Nov 22 he told me 2 weeks max, there was an amazing amount of R+D on this and I'm sure it will be worth the wait. As far as I know, SWE#Kipp is the only consumer in the world with the final draft in his hands, tell us more SWE#Kipp we are all ears lol!

Later,

well it's more of the I'll believe it... when I see it

let's hurry up and wait...

This thread sucks, someone post some ordering information already.:)

Today =

Hi Larry,

Thank you for your mail,
We have components for making the 500 units batch. The only missing item is the final proofreading of the instruction and printing. Plus printing of the
"back" page of the packaging.

Function check by the "market " was made by Kristoffer Björklund who I
believe you see on some of the forums. He was very pleased If I refer to his
report. We are working with two set of rollers "Production" and "Racing". Both set up give very good cutting, hard to find difference in between them. So its more of a choice for the customers themselves.

We are so close to the "finish line" and there are just some small items
to be made.(instruction,etc) This is very easy to make, I would have been
more concerned if we wouldn't have been able go get the basic function of the tool made. Now we just having documentation things to be made witch is just standard production.

Rgds

Göran C

Latest posts

Back