Vehicles you are glad you no longer own!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rb_in_va said:
I wrecked my first 2 vehicles, and they only had 4 cyl.

RB, I should've wrecked that Corona, on purpose. Yikes, this thread is bringing back some bad memories of that car.

Robert, I've sworn that I'll never again have a small/medium truck that isn't an extended cab, or has a waterproof bed cover.

Chris J. said:
Robert, I've sworn that I'll never again have a small/medium truck that isn't an extended cab, or has a waterproof bed cover.

Why is that?

cord arrow said:
......was the "X" with the 401 V-8.
QUOTE]
Hmmm.... I had a '73 with the "X" package. I thought they only came with the 304 engine. Hornets had a 360 & Javelins came with the 401.

Edelbrock manifold & Holley carb
JR headers
2.02 heads off a 390 engine
4.11 rear end
J60-15 tires on 8" rims
Air shocks
Re-curved distributor & CD ignition

My worst car was a Plymouth Volare. Dad had a 1980 or '81 Chevy pickup with the POS 350 Diesel.

Extended cab/waterproof bedcover.....

Wife & I had a regular cab Ranger, no bed cover, 5 speed. Both of us were in college, and by the time you put in 2 people, 1 purse, 1 briefcase, 2 bookbags, etc. there was no spare room. Doesn't help that I'm mildly claustrophobic. To stay on topic...the Ranger would stop running in a heavy rainstorm. Somehow part of the solenoid wire (I think, it's been a while) got exposed, and would cut out when water splashed up from the road.

Chris J. said:
Extended cab/waterproof bedcover.....

Wife & I had a regular cab Ranger, no bed cover, 5 speed. Both of us were in college, and by the time you put in 2 people, 1 purse, 1 briefcase, 2 bookbags, etc. there was no spare room. Doesn't help that I'm mildly claustrophobic. To stay on topic...the Ranger would stop running in a heavy rainstorm. Somehow part of the solenoid wire (I think, it's been a while) got exposed, and would cut out when water splashed up from the road.

I understand. My wife wanted me to get an extended cab because she thought if I were rear-ended my head wouldn't go through the glass (I told her it would take much more than that to hurt this head:)). I do like the extra space though. Plus it's almost hard to find a Frontier that is not an ex-cab.

I've never owned a complete dud but... A cousin once owned a rolling greenhouse. I'm glad those atrocities are no longer made. Lots of glass, no power but still obtained horrible fuel economy. They should have named it the Dud but for those who haven't yet surmised the model it was an AMC Pacer.

rb_in_va said:
I do like the extra space though. Plus it's almost hard to find a Frontier that is not an ex-cab.

The regular cab small trucks are pretty popular here, the young kids not making much money have a better chance of getting financed on a small, basic truck. Our current truck is an ext cab Frontier. The extra space is nice, and because of it I've never spent the $$ for a weatherproof bedcover.

Mentioning Gremlins...I had friend who racked up a lot of miles in his Gremlin. He did have to have the battery hot charged every few days. I never understood why he didn't just buy a battery charger with the quick or trickle switch.

1978 Audi 5000 or
1963 Dodge D500 24' Flat Bed. It said US Army on the side and I used to drive it to school. I had a old couch on the back so I could give my friends rides back and forth to school. Until the police said that wasn't the smartest thing to do.

I was a teenage gm fan

I have a 99 gmc jimmy and have heard the same story everywhere lets see, wheel bearings first 150each with my labor seat levers break off cause they are drilled tapped and slotted (engineered to break) smog pump and fuse which they hide behind the batt instead of the fuse box. fuel tank preasure sensor, purge valve, fuel pump, door hinge pins, remote oil lines to the filter, now its leaking antifreeze, my mechanic buddy says they are good cars I just got it at the wrong time?? :angry2:

The Ford EXP. Wow what a lesson that was. Last ford I ever owned. Not that I wouldnt take one of the new mustangs that just came out. Ssssweettt.

donho said:
I have a 99 gmc jimmy and have heard the same story everywhere lets see, wheel bearings first 150each with my labor seat levers break off cause they are drilled tapped and slotted (engineered to break) smog pump and fuse which they hide behind the batt instead of the fuse box. fuel tank preasure sensor, purge valve, fuel pump, door hinge pins, remote oil lines to the filter, now its leaking antifreeze, my mechanic buddy says they are good cars I just got it at the wrong time?? :angry2:
He should have just said its usually a good manufacture, you just got a bad year. That is a ton of stuff, what a pain in the ass.

Back