vented gas cap on Stihl 028?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rubicon

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. Is there any way I can disable the old style vent on my 028 and install a vented gas cap instead? Thanks for any info.

028 vent

No, unless you want the fuel to leak all over the place. Fix your old vent (11173585500) Is the part number, I think, and cost is very cheap.

It's just a piece of fuel hose and one or two grub screws... Why would you want to have something in the tank under the fuel level?

I agree, this vent system is the best on any saw. I love it. Here is the problem.

When the saw is mounted in an ATV chainsaw carrier with the bar pointing directly down (I know this is bad for the saw), fuel leaks right out this vent. This vent system just isn't meant to be transported in that position. If I had some other type of vent, I might be able to carry the saw without leakage.

fuel tank vent

Extend vent hose and position it so it is up above tank when saw is mounted bar down.Carry less fuel in the tank,add fuel when you get to cutting area and run fuel level down before leaving.

Rubicon... a little OT, but kind OT. I have a Honda 350 and a Stihl 028 Super and 150 acres worth of land to cut. So, wher can I pick up one of these ATV Chainsaw Carriers ? Do you have a link ?

Latest posts

Back