Vermeer Sc1102 cutter advise

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CalTreeEquip

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I'm looking for advise on how to handle the cutter on a 2004 SC1102 grinder. That's a 110 hp tow behind.
These things run lot of teeth, 36 pairs. Looks like overkill to me.
I'm thinking of putting Green Teeth on, probably 1100 series, and eliminating some of the pairs.
Does anyone have direct experience with the model and altering the cutter?
IMG_5687.jpg

Your going to sell the machine right?Teeth don't look bad as shown in picture,i would remove and have resharpen.Not replacing all the teeth could cause a balancing issue.Won't be cheap putting pockets and teeth on the machine.Just my input .

On my 1102 it runs 24 1100 series greenteeth and 48 side cutters which get replaced once every two years or so. I've about ran out of my supply of teeth and am looking for alternatives as well.

Which model? I have the 1102 Turbo and the 1102A. Only the Cummins powered version is 110hp. The Perkins is a few ponies shy.

SC1102A Cummins.
So you find that the side teeth don't get much use?
Brain send me a diagram that removes a lot of those side cutters when using GT.
I'm thinking of replacing just the lead teeth with GT and leaving the others alone.

The face teeth which are greenteeth on my machine see most of the wear. The side teeth are good for a long time. Heck it's already around $350 just for the 24 greenteeth. I burn through about $700 in teeth during the summer. I see no need to change out the side teeth but every year or two.

Back