• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

---------> VERY clean, even minty Husqvarna 61 saw...!! <----------

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RenaisSAWnceMan

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
An exceptionally-nice, original Husqvarna 61, 61cc chainsaw....

I obtained this from an older gent, the original owner who had used it for firewood a bit, but....now needed something lighter, so bought a new Husky saw, and admitted that he liked THIS one better and felt that it was better-made.... Very-nice, clean and original condition. Not 'perfect', few scuffs and scratches, I'm sure, and some oxidation on muff, otherwise, truly nice.

Compression is a sound 150psi (may go higher, if one warmed it up good prior to checking...), the piston/rings show no scoring (see the photos), and it starts readily, runs very well, oils fine, chainbrake works fine, etc.
I've run it for about 20 minutes, using a 20" bar, to check function. Original spur procket is for a 3/8-pitch chain.
I've seen them with up to 24" bars, but would recommend something in the area of 20" or, of course, shorter if that suits your needs.

Offered powerhead only/no bar, but they are readily available (Husqvarna large-mount).

$295., and shipping at actual-cost only.

Located in Foxboro, MA, and I can usually accommodate a visit most anytime.... and will ship for A-S members, as this one deserves a suitably-appreciative home...!

** Additional photos upon request. Please provide an e-mail address.

Last edited:
An exceptionally-nice, original Husqvarna 61, 61cc chainsaw....

I obtained this from an older gent, the original owner who had used it for firewood a bit, but....now needed something lighter, so bought a new Husky saw, and admitted that he liked THIS one better and felt that it was better-made.... Very-nice, clean and original condition. Not 'perfect', few scuffs and scratches, I'm sure, and some oxidation on muff, otherwise, truly nice.

Compression is a sound 150psi (may go higher, if one warmed it up good prior to checking...), the piston/rings show no scoring (see the photos), and it starts readily, runs very well, oils fine, chainbrake works fine, etc.
I've run it for about 20 minutes, using a 20" bar, to check function. Original spur procket is for a 3/8-pitch chain.
I've seen them with up to 24" bars, but would recommend something in the area of 20" or, of course, shorter if that suits your needs.

Offered powerhead only/no bar, but they are readily available (Husqvarna large-mount).

$295., and shipping at actual-cost only.

Located in Foxboro, MA, and I can usually accommodate a visit most anytime.... and will ship for A-S members, as this one deserves a suitably-appreciative home...!

** Additional photos upon request. Please provide an e-mail address.

Nice saw! The piston looks to be in beautiful shape, and Husky 61's in that fine condition will usually run around 160 psi. Its probably time to change your schrader valve in your compression tester's tip or get a new gauge. The saw will test higher when its cold and compression will drop when you warm it up. I'll bet it will sell fast.:rock:

Nice saw! The piston looks to be in beautiful shape, and Husky 61's in that fine condition will usually run around 160 psi. Its probably time to change your schrader valve in your compression tester's tip or get a new gauge. The saw will test higher when its cold and compression will drop when you warm it up. I'll bet it will sell fast.:rock:

I agree with Chris... I will say this; compression tests usually need to be done 5+ pulls to get an accurate reading...some guys only pull three times, some pull 20... basically until the gauge readings become (somewhat) consisten. This is the most consistent way to test. :)

Good luck with the sale!! SUPER NICE saw! :rock:

J

I agree with Chris... I will say this; compression tests usually need to be done 5+ pulls to get an accurate reading...some guys only pull three times, some pull 20... basically until the gauge readings become (somewhat) consisten. This is the most consistent way to test. :)

Good luck with the sale!! SUPER NICE saw! :rock:

J

Of course......a special discount for you, Jay......:msp_wub:

Well.... Rather than give ExcrementBAY any fees, or wait for a local to grind it down too far, or TRY to(again)....let's make it $250., as I'd rather see it go to an A-S member who can appreciate it.

Well.... Rather than give ExcrementBAY any fees, or wait for a local to grind it down too far, or TRY to(again)....let's make it $250., as I'd rather see it go to an A-S member who can appreciate it.

Your killing me, I wish that I could do it but picked up two more saws last week. Still might.:(

Originally Posted by RenaisSAWnceMan
THOUGHT I had updated......sorry. A gent is supposed to be sending a money order.

******** SOLD *

Divorce has been averted. :msp_biggrin:

Well....as long as you woulda gotten the vizslas shown in your avatar......;) A man, his saw, and his dogs.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back