Virus in China?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
is the virus in China stopping anyone from buying saw parts from huztl/farmtech lately. I just didn’t think about this and had an order show up on Friday. I’m doomed lol.

Isn’t Wuhan the hub for aftermarket chainsaw parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Its actually a good thing to keep in mind bud,I've noticed a lot of Chinese sellers on e-bay are listed as out of contact or whatever they put up there, since all the lock downs over there started

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

is the virus in China stopping anyone from buying saw parts from huztl/farmtech lately. I just didn’t think about this and had an order show up on Friday. I’m doomed lol.
What about Walmart its loaded with China stuff. Everything is made in China it seems. food should be a cause for concern lots of food made there we are not aware of. We don't know how long this particular Virus can live on a non host surface.

I recently received something in the mail that I ordered from China. Could I catch the virus from it?

There's no evidence at the moment to suggest that goods imported from China could transmit the virus, according to the CDC. The virus wouldn't make it through the trip from China to the United States on packing materials, says Ian Lipkin, director of the Center for Infection and Immunity at the Mailman School of Public Health.

And the same goes for an object you might get in the mail, he adds. "Whether it's a phone or a piece of furniture, it's not going to survive."

The Wuhan virus, like others in the coronavirus family, "doesn't live for very long on surfaces," he says.

Goats and Soda
Wuhan Coronavirus 101: What We Do — And Don't — Know About A Newly Identified Disease

But that survival relies on certain qualities of the surroundings, says Amesh Adalja, a senior scholar with the Johns Hopkins University Center for Health Security who focuses on infectious diseases. Some viruses last longer than others outside a body, and it depends on conditions, including surface material and temperature. "Shipping conditions of most products are going to be not conducive to the virus remaining viable, because of time, because of temperature changes, because of humidity," he adds. "I don't think it's a real risk."

Thousands, and thousands of people have plain ole influenza in the US...right now. Lots of folks die from it every year.

I wish the media could help us keep things in perspective rather than stoke up panic.

Thousands, and thousands of people have plain ole influenza in the US...right now. Lots of folks die from it every year.

I wish the media could help us keep things in perspective rather than stoke up panic.

Even more people die from Old Age. Who's panicking? I'm heading out for a Superbowl Party in a few minutes. I am not wearing my face mask and not just because I don't have one.

These viruses need a host to live.
It is unknown at this time so i'm not up for being the first to find out!

This is a quote from the CDC

"Most often, spread from person-to-person happens among close contacts (about 6 feet). Person-to-person spread is thought to occur mainly via respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes, similar to how influenza and other respiratory pathogens spread. These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs. It’s currently unclear if a person can get 2019-nCoV by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes."

I don’t need any stinking flu shot. I take enough meds maybe the morphine will kill it? Skeeter only bite me once then they get the high of there life,

My arthritis joint pain is about 150% today it’s killing me.

Latest posts

Back