visit from dave niegra

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
tony marks

tony marks

Addicted to ArboristSite
Dave was dn to visit his son,and came over to visit an show some saws..
mine beat all his :) .. just kidding.. he brought some real strong saws..
the wood heres different than what hes got up their so he had to adjust
a bit on the 346.. very strong.. hard to believe a saw that small could hold torque
while running at that speed in hickory..
he also brought an very good 372.. really torque stuff..
my favorite tho was an unstoppable efco 962.. man that thing didnt care what u put it in..
i liked it so much ,i talked him into doing my 962. it aint no slouch ,but not like that thing.... so the kid in me got somethin else to look forward to..
by the way Dave brought his son who shows real know how with an saw ..
i tried to learn all i could.. sure looking forward to the modified 962 .. hope he can get it on par with the one he brought.whew.. jaws in chainsaw form..
really enjoyed it ,as just not that much interest here in performance saws..

glens

glens

Former Member
I had the great pleasure of staying a night and most of the next day up at Dave's place a while back.  He and his are sure good people!  I'll bet that 962 was WoodsFlunkies.

Tony, did he have his MS361 along?

Glen

tony marks

tony marks

Addicted to ArboristSite
we didnt look at all he had in the truck.. but like yall said .. it was a good time with good folk.. his son was as respectful of him as an son can be.. to me thats a sign of realness..he did note the difference in trees,, here and what he most often runs into,, where he lives..
possibly humidiy also,was different.. in any case he needed to adjust several things..
which was no problem for him..they were torque saws that would have taken thicker hard cured wood,to bring dn much.. ..very impressive..i really enjoyed it.. im also really looking forward to what he can get outa my 962..just fun stuff.
ps eric u werent just whistling dixie about that saw huh. :)

woodsjunkie

woodsjunkie

Addicted to ArboristSite
Tony,
Nice to hear Dave Neiger stopped in to say hay. As you know now Dave is one of a kind.
Although he can't leap tall buildings with a single bound and may not be able to walk on water he is one hell of a nice guy. Builds some of the strongest saws I have had in my hands and trust me I have been to his shop on a few occasions theirs no computer programs used and I don't think he use's Kens port timing # either.
Too bad the weather wasn't better so you could have tried the partner that I got from you Tony you may have messed you pants LOL.
I'm sure you will be more than impressed when you get you 962 back keep us informed.

tony marks

tony marks

Addicted to ArboristSite
yep ,i sure would have liked to have seen the partner..
hope you are feelin better ,but remember what i said about, what ive been told about, making that surgery really be successful..it takes a while.
eric,, im not sure dave is reading these post so please tell him to be sure and ge me tracking numbers ,when he ships.. i want to be here to recieve the saw..
if u saw this trailer park ,u would understand my meaning..it mite last 20 minutes on my front stoop :) .
wel get feelin better bud ,an yall alll have a good christmas..

Marky Mark

Marky Mark

Hell's Kitchen Trapper
Sounddss as ifs you guyss hads a nicey tims downzs therezs. As for the computer program the only one who needs one is Tony M. He makes about as much sense as not using software today.
Things change by the day and we all need to keep up including plain old English.

So howzy wazz the 962's Runn's??

Arden Cogar Jr.

Arden Cogar Jr.

ArboristSite Operative
Several years ago, Dave built a 750 Homelite for my father. It had a odd looking expansion chamber on it and a rope with a rubber sleeve for a pull cord. It ran on gas too. That saw was absolutely incredible. I don't know how many of you know much about my father's ability to hot saw, but let's just say it's pretty on par with my own - in other words, really crappy for the most part. In any event, that 750 "Applebox" got more places than any other gas powered saw I've ever seen. Sadly, it blew up about ten years ago, but it went for nearly a dozen years.

I believe Dave built a similar saw for **** Slingerland back in the 80s as well. His son, Mike, still runs it and does very well with it - now over 20 years after it was originally built. Granted, it's not as fast as some of EHPs, or Cliff Helsel's, or, if you're lucky, a Marcel saw, but for a gas powered saw, it really ran strong. Dave does some awesome work.

All the best,
Arden Cogar Jr. aka Jamie

bwalker
WoodsJunkie, I could be wrong, but I think it will be a cold day in hell before Ed would build you a saw.
BTW whats wrong with using computer programs for engine design? It sure beats stabbing into the dark and trial and error. :eek:

woodsjunkie

woodsjunkie

Addicted to ArboristSite
bwalker said:
WoodsJunkie, I could be wrong, but I think it will be a cold day in hell before Ed would build you a saw.
BTW whats wrong with using computer programs for engine design? It sure beats stabbing into the dark and trial and error. :eek:

Ben would you care to enlighten us "all" on this statement? Ed has never told me this or are you speeking for Ed now?
And I never said any thing was wrong with porting software, I simply said Dave did use any and has great results.

Jamie,
As you well know Dave has been out of the Hot saw business for some time now, I'm fairly sure if he "wanted" to get back into the true hot saw's he may be a contender once again

oldwild

oldwild

ArboristSite Operative
I would be more than happy to have one of you "PROS" stop in and fine tune my saws, let alone turning what I have into a hot saw or 2!

Marky Mark

Marky Mark

Hell's Kitchen Trapper
Here's a hotsaw. Some dopester from chico builds them also. From what I understand the 500 is the unstopable saw right.

http://arborist.************/attachment_19400.php

Gypo Logger

Gypo Logger

Timber Baron
Hey Barky, I remember that picture. It's Dennis Cahoon. We were having our first beer together and he speed lipped me. That's when you set down your beer and you turn around and it's empty.
It's hard to find good friends over the net.
John

Marky Mark

Marky Mark

Hell's Kitchen Trapper
Your right John, he speed lipped all the beers in TX also. I will say he's fun and drank enough for beer for 2. Loop Hole lou and Doc Joe just loved the guy. It not hard to get good help over the new. It hard to find honest people.

That post from Oldwild seems like a member we had here Silver something???

oldwild

oldwild

ArboristSite Operative
sorry guys, it is just oldwild, nobody special! :rolleyes: I just enjoy running the saws and seeing my work stack up! Otherwise why would I spend almost 40 hours on a 330 and 360 homelite and never touch my 220! Taught myself how to round file my chains, will teach myself how to do the depth guides... I just like work saws and want to do a better job in my hobby! :angel:

tony marks

tony marks

Addicted to ArboristSite
well marky barky .. u pull the choke out ,pull the crank rope until it tries to fire..
then push choke in and repeat pulling crank .. then she started running and was applied to hickory log.. chainsaw then cuts wood very well.if u need more detail or couldnt understand ,email me and ill try one more time to help u understand ,how it works.smile..
i hope this was understandable as its real important that u understand what i say..
by the way if eric dont want the 346 ,what u asking for it

oldwild

oldwild

ArboristSite Operative
sorry guys, it is just oldwild, nobody special! :rolleyes: I just enjoy running the saws and seeing my work stack up! Otherwise why would I spend almost 40 hours on a 330 and 360 homelite and never touch my 220! Taught myself how to round file my chains, will teach myself how to do the depth guides... I just like work saws and want to do a better job in my hobby! :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.