Volks-man gotta ? for ya

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate your advice Derrick, but you can only sit around and watch your buddies get smacked around gratuitously for so long. I really tried to sit this one out, I really did. We agree that Brad made a mistake. The point I tried to make was he made it right. That's not enough for some...

You know I don't have a dog in this fight Nik, so you know I'm not bashing when I say it got made right, but Brad was kicking and screaming all the way.

If I want my money back and a seller tells me HE gets to decide how it gets made right, I would be unhappy. Add the preamble to that, and I'd be fit to be tied.

I wouldn't sit around and let a friend get smacked around for no reason either, but I think the fact that I'd smack them myself when they need it makes me a good friend, not a bad one.

Look up the last posts or threads from these people, some one else will have to fill in the user names.

Ed Heard(EHP)-? made some good saws better.
Dean(WHS)- nice guy fell on some bad health.
Ben(WHS)-? WTF
Simon-before the resurgence, he gave it a shot and took abuse all day long for a long time. He seems to be doing just fine these days.

Any number of other quick burned dremel tool owners who thought they had mastered the craft and thought it would be a good idea to sell their "skills".

This is not the first, not the worst and will not be the last as the next in line are already here and doing some fine work from the photos that they post.

Anyone who was surprised by any of this needs to read more of the threads that they might be skipping over now.

If you have followed Brads threads, this is where they take you.
If you cannot see that then you are to close and blinded by what is hopefully friendship.

Last edited:
You know I don't have a dog in this fight Nik, so you know I'm not bashing when I say it got made right, but Brad was kicking and screaming all the way.

If I want my money back and a seller tells me HE gets to decide how it gets made right, I would be unhappy. Add the preamble to that, and I'd be fit to be tied.

I wouldn't sit around and let a friend get smacked around for no reason either, but I think the fact that I'd smack them myself when they need it makes me a good friend, not a bad one.

If you let every customer tell you how to make it right you'd be outa business.

Last edited:
If you let every customer tell you how to make it right you'd be outa business.

Absolutely.

But if a customer has a good reason for wanting their money back, they should get it back.

If the reverse had happened, and the seller offered a full refund, and the buyer asked for a new cylinder instead, I'd think the buyer was nuts.

LOL, Andy grow up will ya, better yet just admit it, your a idiot, hell you carring on like this only proves it even more. Brad doesn't need friends like you, instead of just your nose buried in his azz your becoming a pimple on his azz, wise up and let it go..

How many times are you going to call me an idiot tom?

A False Dilemma

Still trying to write a philosophy essay, so I thought I point this out:
By claiming that Brad is either a) incompetent or b) a liar does not exhaust the possibilities and is a false dilemma which is a type of logical fallacy. The assertion that Brad would not have refunded the money if the pictures had not come out is just conjecture. Let speculation end it adds nothing. People will make up their own minds if they have anything at stake - which most do not.

Tim

Last edited:
By claiming that Brad is either a) incompetent or b) a liar does not exhaust the possibilities and a false dilemma which is a type of logical fallacy. The assertion that Brad would not have refunded the money if the pictures had not come out is just conjecture. Let speculation end it adds nothing. People will make up their own minds if they have anything at stake - which most do not.

Tim

God I hate Philosophy.......:dizzy:

:cheers:

He can't quit Ed. He just can't bring himself to cut Brad off the rope he hung himself on. Oh well he can keep holding him up, makes no differance, he's still hung..

Hi Tom! I'm heading back to the bar now, I can't take it anymore! Want me to save you a heavy hitter? I'm sure I'll score enough for both of us! Hell, a good one is enough for both of us!

By claiming that Brad is either a) incompetent or b) a liar does not exhaust the possibilities and is a false dilemma which is a type of logical fallacy. The assertion that Brad would not have refunded the money if the pictures had not come out is just conjecture. Let speculation end it adds nothing. People will make up their own minds if they have anything at stake - which most do not.

Tim

A rose by any other name...

I guess I've been here a while; I bought a saw from a poster/sponsor here about 8 years ago. My experience was fine.

But something happened: I know more than I'm saying here, but it has to do with a young man trying to keep a family business afloat as well as his own; niether could really afford enough help alone and it would have been dang hard to incorporate them.

Some work and some product got held up in the process, and a few customers felt (for a while) that they'd been taken to the cleaners. But the posters at that time were a lot more civil. Something is happening in N. America; we're turning in jerks.

Here's the last thread the saw builder in question ever posted on:
http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=20226

How many remember him?

Hmmmmmm.......

What are we thinking? Locked by morning?

Could be close at this rate of exchange. Guess I will see in the AM

I guess I've been here a while; I bought a saw from a poster/sponsor here about 8 years ago. My experience was fine.

But something happened: I know more than I'm saying here, but it has to do with a young man trying to keep a family business afloat as well as his own; niether could really afford enough help alone and it would have been dang hard to incorporate them.

Some work and some product got held up in the process, and a few customers felt (for a while) that they'd been taken to the cleaners. But the posters at that time were a lot more civil. Something is happening in N. America; we're turning in jerks.

Here's the last thread the saw builder in question ever posted on:
http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=20226

How many remember him?

I remember him when I joined AS over 6 years ago. However, I think when i came aboard that was towards the end of his AS postings.

Hi Tom! I'm heading back to the bar now, I can't take it anymore! Want me to save you a heavy hitter? I'm sure I'll score enough for both of us! Hell, a good one is enough for both of us!

Not a drinker myself Red but hell yeah, put a few down and remember while your at the bar I may moosey over and keep a eye on your house, how long you gonna be at the bar,LOLOLOL

You are right, but you also have to be amiable to the customer.

Yes you do, but sometimes ya just cant.

Absolutely.

But if a customer has a good reason for wanting their money back, they should get it back.

If the reverse had happened, and the seller offered a full refund, and the buyer asked for a new cylinder instead, I'd think the buyer was nuts.

Yes but they need a good dam reason to demand their money back. We've had customers want their money back and still retain the services that we provided.

I thought you had to be a business to go out of business...........:confused:

Suppose your correct.

As many times as it takes for you to realize it and stop acting like one. Ya done yet??

Nope!

Why don't you admit that you can't stand to see Brad be successful, and not have to pay his dues like you have, having to abide by Stihl and EPA rules etc

You send me and others nice hay Buddy how are you PM's than you come back and rip us as best you can. I don't know about you but I call that two faced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back