Waiting on Stihl Parts, WTF?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots of other options for parts. I'd be calling Stihl dealers in as wide a radius as I was willing to drive to see if anyone has stock. Plus the Ebay link I posted. Is the adjuster mechanism used in any other saw? See if you can buy a junker or post a WTB for it here. Someone will have parts.
Those adjusters are common to a bunch of stihl saws...all the same pt#.
I pulled one out of my 261 spare parts and put it on a 500i…same part.

Dealing with this myself now, waiting on an 034 carb mounting gasket. Dealer doesn't have stock, backordered from Stihl and no available date known. Will be checking two more dealers for stock tomorrow. Failing that, I'll be looking online and at aftermarket options.

Pretty annoyed with how my preferred dealer handled it as well, wasn't working with my normal guy. If he's not there anymore, they won't be my preferred dealer anymore.

Just took me three weeks to get a RB-176 carb kit from my local dealer. Just a carb kit! Normally I see parts next day or at most a week wait. They are the biggest guys around and even they can't get parts. Talking with my parts guy there he said that they still haven't gotten some of their parts/saws they ordered in 2021. Now thats just unreasonable! Sounds like for a lot of their husky saws, they come in so late they are already obsolete from 2020/21 and will be sold close to cost as soon as they arrive.

Just took me three weeks to get a RB-176 carb kit from my local dealer. Just a carb kit! Normally I see parts next day or at most a week wait. They are the biggest guys around and even they can't get parts. Talking with my parts guy there he said that they still haven't gotten some of their parts/saws they ordered in 2021. Now thats just unreasonable! Sounds like for a lot of their husky saws, they come in so late they are already obsolete from 2020/21 and will be sold close to cost as soon as they arrive.

Ridiculous. If there were more options to purchase quality saws, Stihl would lose a lot of market share.

My tensioner showed up (via Amazon) yesterday. I'll verify it is the correct one, and then tell my dealer to cancel my order.

Called the dealer and explained that I bought it off Amazon. They said great, cause they still have NO idea when the part might be available.

shocked the princess bride GIF

I went to another dealer, they were able to order the gasket I needed, claiming Stihl had stock. First dealer still saying backordered, no clue when available. I cancelled the order. This other dealer even had a couple gaskets on the shelf that they just handed me, said try these and if they work, bring back the ones that don't and pay for the ones that do. Lightyears difference in CS, and miraculously closer as well. Have sold O P E for years and only picked up their Stihl dealership a few months ago, but I drive right past on my way to and from work.

Called the dealer and explained that I bought it off Amazon. They said great, cause they still have NO idea when the part might be available.
Talking to the customer service guy, he said that Stihl recently changed all their inventory systems from in-house to SAP, which makes total sense because for the average joe, SAP is not very user friendly. So they are dealing with an incomplete inventory, poor understanding, and also all electronic ordering. So when you order a 500i with a 28" light bar, if they don't have that specific configuration it gets back ordered until they ship new ones out of the factory. Go figure. Makes sense why they don't know whats where if every dealer isn't up to date with SAP and inventory control. Not blaming dealers here, Stihl corp is the issue

Back