Walbro carbs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mkinslow

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Alright boys i need help. And yes I've used the search but can't find the info I've seen before on here. My dad flys rc planes and one in particular that belonged to my grandfather. It's an extra 300. Don't remember scale size on it but if I remember correctly it's an 80" wingspan. Anyway. It has an old zenoah 32cc weed eater engine that my grandfather cut down and made for the plane. It has a walbro 197a carb on it that my father rebuilt about a month ago. All it wants to do is start on choke and run about 10 secs and die. My question is this 197a part of that bad batch of walbro carbs that exists and what is a crossover carb for it. Thanks guys

I don't have any pics at this time brother. He's supposed to bring it to my shop tomorrow if it's not raining. I've been back through the carb several times since he did it. Cleaned everything etc. I've got a couple of extra carbs that will work if we can get it here too try them. Just trying to figure out and remember if the 197a was in the series of bad walbros

We can't remember what the original trimmer was. It's been about 8 years since my grandfather made it and he's been gone for 4 years so.

Not familiar with how they are set up for RC planes - does it use an idle setting with the throttle plate closed or is it always open on the H fuel circuit?

They are set up just the same on the planes as they are on the equipment they're made from. HarleyT our carb doesn't say WA. It just has 197a stamped on it

If the engine is that displacement, it's highly likely to be a G320, a very common engine for RC models.
The engine is still manufactured for RC applications and the present version uses a Walbro WT-1107 carburetor.

As usual caveat emptor, check before buying etc. ;)

Back