Walbro conversion

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PetrolHead

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
G'day
365 Husky, changing the Zama carb to a Walbro has been described in here many times in the past, but I would just like to reiterate. It works!
I ordered the 372 Walbro 503 28 18-04 non EPA carb, but found it still had plastic limiter caps, they came off in about 30 seconds flat.
The only thing I noticed was that the plastic insert for the throttle cable is a little loose on the Walbro because the throttle linkage may be a tad thinner.
I'll order a new one and that should be that.

To think how much time I spent trying to tweak the idle mixture on this thing, I did a rough adjustment on the new carb and it runs fantastic.
No more flat spots from idle, The idle is now stable in any position and I'm happy.
Did notice the bottom of the piston skirt is starting to polish up a bit on the intake side while I had the carb off, just wondering if the filtration is a bit suspect.
I also noticed that the 372 filter setup looks like it would also fit? Might be the next thing on the menu.
Thanks to all for the good advice.
Appreciated!

Back