Walbro HD199 Fix

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dont know about the 195 being a replacement,but a friend of mine started having trouble with his Jonsered 2159 and the carb was replaced with a HDA 191-A.Seems to be getting along just fine with it now.

Ron

I believe the affected carbs was the HDA-190, 191, 198 and 199. The 199 was for the unheated EPA saws, and the others for different versions - EPA or not, heated handles or not. All has the same venturi.

Dont know about the 195 being a replacement,but a friend of mine started having trouble with his Jonsered 2159 and the carb was replaced with a HDA 191-A.Seems to be getting along just fine with it now.

Ron

The HDA-195 has a smaller venturi, and likey isn't a suiable replacement.....

Because that's the kind of community we are. We're not askin him to fix our carbs for free. He's asking $25 + shipping to fix a $40 carb.

well brad what is your time worth?
carb kit alone is $10.00
so fixing the problem and testing the carb is $15.00
thats over an hour of labor
sounds more then fair to me

monkey fixed a couple for me and i would have happily paid twice his rate to completely solve a problem that none else can solve

several guys around here toss the zama and put a good monkeyed walbro in,, i mean heck, if a monkey can fix it :hmm3grin2orange:

where is that zama built anyway ?

Last edited:
well brad what is your time worth?
carb kit alone is $10.00
so fixing the problem and testing the carb is $15.00
thats over an hour of labor
sounds more then fair to me

I have no problem with someone charging for their labor. I would expect as much, and do the same myself. It's the resistance to share something so simple with the community that I don't care for. It doesn't fit with the atmosphere of this forum.

I have no problem with someone charging for their labor. I would expect as much, and do the same myself. It's the resistance to share something so simple with the community that I don't care for. It doesn't fit with the atmosphere of this forum.
i know i will be cussed for saying this, but it needs to be said. what kind of atmosphere are you referring to???? it seems to me as though you started a raffle/charity here for another member who is going through a rough time. in your post you state that all proceeds above 250.00 will go to this member. if you are so giving/generous and like to share so much, then why not donate all of your proceeds to him?????? if a person wishes to keep a few tricks-of-the-trade under his hat, and make a few bucks doing so, what is the big deal? there are a ton of saw porters/builders that read here, and post nothing, or for that matter do not even know of this site exists. there is zero harm in keeping some knowledge under ones hat, not all of us post/document/film everything we do with saws. for that matter, if you would pay more attention to what you are doing/ and wear some ppe, instead of trying to look good for the camera, you may not have quite so many mishaps when you are playing around with your saws.

i know i will be cussed for saying this, but it needs to be said. what kind of atmosphere are you referring to???? it seems to me as though you started a raffle/charity here for another member who is going through a rough time. in your post you state that all proceeds above 250.00 will go to this member. if you are so giving/generous and like to share so much, then why not donate all of your proceeds to him??????

Boy, you're barking up the wrong tree! Everyone else, please ignore what I'm about to say. I don't want to say this, but pions like you obviously ain't too bright, and can't figure it out for yourself. Had you any sense at all, you would be able to see that I've donated as much, or more, than anyone else to the charity drive. Do I need to add it up for you? We all have to decide what we can give, and I did exactly that. If we use your logic, we should all empty our checking accounts. You're saying it's all or nothing, right?! You want to lead the way?!!!

Last edited:
Take the carb apart, pull EVERYTHING and clean it, run wire and reassemble. If it still does not work then bypass the ap and open up the normal HD low side port.

I bought lots of those used carbs because usually they do not even need kits. If you cannot find the kit with the second gasket for the metering side then drill a hole through the cover and toss the plastic in the garbage.

If you have a HD carb handy that is the same format use that as a guide. I do not recommend the ones off of Stihl 1127s because of the reverse format.

Don't forget to cut the "plastic thickness" off the length of the 4 screws before reassembly. Then turn the high jet all the way in (with the limiter in place) and turn the idle screw to a fast idle before tuning the low jet to proper response. I sure hope this makes sense...

i know i will be cussed for saying this, but it needs to be said. what kind of atmosphere are you referring to???? it seems to me as though you started a raffle/charity here for another member who is going through a rough time. in your post you state that all proceeds above 250.00 will go to this member. if you are so giving/generous and like to share so much, then why not donate all of your proceeds to him?????? if a person wishes to keep a few tricks-of-the-trade under his hat, and make a few bucks doing so, what is the big deal? there are a ton of saw porters/builders that read here, and post nothing, or for that matter do not even know of this site exists. there is zero harm in keeping some knowledge under ones hat, not all of us post/document/film everything we do with saws. for that matter, if you would pay more attention to what you are doing/ and wear some ppe, instead of trying to look good for the camera, you may not have quite so many mishaps when you are playing around with your saws.

Wow, you're a real **********, how many charities give 100%, they don't, if they all did they wouldn't be around, there are operating costs, no one should expect Brad to give 100%, over the years I would say Brad has given more then anyone on here. Besides it has nothing to do with thread, neither does Brads PPE, looks to me you're just trying to drag him through the mud as usual.

Hey, STD, care to share what you've given to Jeremy and his family? $0.00!
yeh are are 100% correct. but you do not see me always looking for a pat on the back, and posting the hey look what i did videos either............ people like you are a dime a dozen, always looking to help, you just want to make sure everyone knows about it. pion huh, been called alot worse by people a whole lot better than you. i would rather be a "whatever" than p.o.s. sunday christian, that always has to justify his do-good actions on an online forum.

I appreciate when people share their knowledge but, if they don't want to there is no reason to try and bully them into it with "it's for the good of the community" BS.

If it's so simple to figure it out why haven't you done so? Evidently this has been a problem for a while, why no call for the information to be shared with the masses, until you needed it?

:cheers:

Hey folks, I just came in from sticking one of the Walbros with apump blocked off on a stock beater 359 and it started right up and idled out with the low and high side 1 1/2 turns out so I would recommend that as the starting point set if end up blocking off the apump and fine tune from there. In a previous post I mentioned a larger amount of turns(2) and it was bugging me that I was thinking of a different carb fix. Sorry if that was causing any confusion. I will go back and edit that post.

Decent condition carb the H/L screws were not bent, no scratch marks, over drilled ports, and the carb kit looked like new, nice and easy.

Apperently I will not go back and edit that post.

Last edited:
Wow, you're a real **********, how many charities give 100%, they don't, if they all did they wouldn't be around, there are operating costs, no one should expect Brad to give 100%, over the years I would say Brad has given more then anyone on here. Besides it has nothing to do with thread, neither does Brads PPE, looks to me you're just trying to drag him through the mud as usual.

hey parris there is a guy here looking for a dipstick, i think you fit the bill:msp_tongue:

Back