Walbro Metering Lever Depth Tool

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bplust

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Has another ever used this? I saw it on a thread a week or so ago, and being that there's a listing on eBay that sells one for Walbro and Zama, $7 for the pair, I figured "what the heck".

I went to use it for the first time today, on a Walbro WA. I've done a few of these, and typically use a machinist's square to set the lever flush with the bottom of the chamber, as specified in the manual on the Walbro website. I set it with the machinist's square, and then went to check it with my new Walbro tool, and found that the tool was a good 1/32"-3/64" above a flush floor setting. I've always set levers based on manual specs, and never had a problem.

Has anyone else ever experience discrepancies between what the Walbro tool tells you and what the manual recommends?

I have both the Walbro and Zama tools and never encountered a problem.....yet. A 1/32 difference seems reasonable when comparing a machinist square to a stamped W or Z.

Yea, I can see where a stamped tool might have greater tolerances than a machinist's square, which has, well, just about none. Still, in my humble opinion, and based on experiences of setting levers, 1/32" inch is no joke or acceptable manufacturing tolerance.

But feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

On the Walbro tool, the big W shaped one the WA series carbs are set with the point that extends down close to 60 thou ,.060 from the center of the tool on the side that looks like a capital M, the Walbro model WA metering lever is not set flush with the top of the carb body, its actually set around .060- .070 below the machined surface of the carb.

Never had a problem with the tools. Never had a problem setting the carb either.... Therefore never creating a problem with the tools.

Latest posts

Back