Wallenstein FX35 skid winch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should not be an problem with 20hp, the winch will pull until you stall the tractor, you might not get to max pulling force.

Sent fra min Nexus 5X via Tapatalk

First thing you need to do is, go see a pto powered winch work! If you do that, you will quickly see how one works and all these scenarios you are coming up with, should go away!

A pto winch has a "clutch" between the pto and the winch drum that engages when you pull a rope. IF there's a problem with the tractor moving or ANYTHING else, you let up on the rope and everything stops!

It's highly unlikely a tractor will get pulled over a cliff, UNLESS you do something absolutely stupid! IF you are prone to doing stupid things, then it won't much matter what winch you buy, you will certainly screw "something" up. lol

SR
Haha...Point taken. I'M not prone to doing stupid things but I'm experienced enough to know that you don't plan for them to happen either. Thanks for you're input. You definitely have me wanting to demo one even more now but IDK anybody around here who has one.

Just because the winch had a blade on the back doesnt mean the tractor wont move. The old pto winch we own doesnt have a clutch. its either engaged or its not. With this setup, it can be hard to release the winch if it gets in a bind or hard pull. I watched it winch the tractor up a small pine tree that was being used to brace the tractor. The tractor winched itsef up the tree until it was about half way and then the tree flipped upright and put the tractor on its top. Being the tractor was a diesel, it just kept running and winching itself back toward the tree it was supposed to be pulling. A strong winch on a small tractor can be hazardous. this was a ford dexter tractor and the tree being pulled was close to 100ft tall whitepine.

Pull with an angle is not an good idea even whit a larger tractor.

I understand this but it;s not exactly practical to only be able to straight line pull. I'm not saying pull perpendicular to the tractor but at say a 30 degree angle from the centerline at times. If you started pulling something small that the winch could easily handle at that angle but it got hung up on something I think things could get hairy quickly.

While I don't have the fx35 or know anything about it, I do have the Farmi JL290. I have it on a Kubota B7610 which is similar to the weight of your tractor.
I am constantly amazed at what that winch and tractor will pull in weight & items. I haved pulled everything from logs, trees, cars, & trucks, to boulders, decks, and shed buildings. I agree with the others. There is no way I'd take hydro over the PTO winch.

If you could move up to the fx66, I would reccomend it, but I think you'll be surprised at what that winch will do.

Safety note: you always want to pull in a straight line. Get yourself a self-release snatch block for making pulls with turns.

Its not a problem to have some angle, but the smaller the tractor is more dangerous it is, I have a MF135 and i have tested for fun how easy it is to lift one of the wheels up in the air when you have an angel on the pull.
The best option is a snatch block if you must have an angle. Things go bad very fast.

Back