wanted free firewood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just wondering if he needs a free woodstove also.
Not much point in having free firewood without a free woodstove :)
Maybe one of you people that has to much firewood and a old stove kicking around with some unused pipe could set him up properly, deliver the wood and stove and get that stove going for him, might as well bring a good supply of kindle while your at it.

If your going to all that trouble could you possibly drop me in a couple free cases of beer, might be a bit out of the way on your drive to set things up for him but it sure would help me out :)

Yep that will probably happen real soon LOL

Last edited:
I don't think I've seen anothet post from the op. why not? if your really in need I'm sure the members of AS would come to your aid. o_O

I can answer some of your questions, this guy comes on here every year under a different username and ask for free firewood. Then he has the nads to try and sell everyone the scrap wood back. Why he uses a different username is beyond me. guess he forgets the old one every year. Here's a thread where he's tryin to sell back the scrap pieces.

http://www.arboristsite.com/communi...fs-scrap-wood-no-bark-nice-clean-wood.250264/

mainewoods,

All the good things in life are illegal.
Bet if we all followed every law to the detail none of us would be able to use a saw or cut a tree down or even burn firewood.
I'm ok with the free beer and legality of it :)

I offered for him to come cut some tops, maybe I should up that to some locust and ash rounds just so we can see him

FREE FIREWOOD would be great.
I'll take all you can deliver. Straight, clean, hard woods, well seasoned would be best. I don't like crooked wood or forks and I don't like soft woods.
Don't bother knockin' on my door, as I'm probably watching satellite on my hi-def 60 inch t.v...or playing games on my 600 dollar smart phone.
Oh yeah, could you check on my owb while you're unloading and stacking that firewood? Yes!! I said stacking, I don't want it just thrown off onto an unsightly pile.
The owb may have some ashes built up, if they look deep, you might shovel them out before loading the stove,,if it looks more like charcoal, just rake them out a bit, kinda' level before loading.
Thanks, man,,you all come back, I will probably have some banana boxes full of scraps for sell next week,,and bring beer, I like the import beer, not the cheap stuff,,
I'd say thank you very much, but I have to look at it first to make sure it's hard woods and how well you stacked it..

Can you guys help a fellow american who is down on his luck too? I don't need free wood just a new saw, MS461 perhaps, to get said wood would be appreciated. PM for paypal address. You guys are the best :clap: :bowdown:
Same here but I need a Husky 3120xp.

The local tv station is having a telethon this morning to raise money to buy heating oil for the needy.

I'm all for helping those who can't help themselves. But it's amazing how many 'needy' have cable tv and smart phones.
They also seem to be able to smoke, drink, eat out every day, wear logo labeled clothes, & run a new or nearly new vehicle, strange they can`t afford whats really necessary

I'm just wondering if he needs a free woodstove also.
Not much point in having free firewood without a free woodstove :)
Maybe one of you people that has to much firewood and a old stove kicking around with some unused pipe could set him up properly, deliver the wood and stove and get that stove going for him, might as well bring a good supply of kindle while your at it.

If your going to all that trouble could you possibly drop me in a couple free cases of beer, might be a bit out of the way on your drive to set things up for him but it sure would help me out :)

Yep that will probably happen real soon LOL

Good thinking maybe he needs more than hardwood perhaps a new EPA stove stainless stove pipe and what about a house to put it in too might as well get him a nice cozy place and feed his stove wood too

flotek,

Yeah someone has got to man up for this person, and don't forget the beer for me :)

I guess we have all been out of wood at some point but most of us just put on the thinking cap then the working cap and go find some.
If he is really in need of wood I'm sure the couple easy sources IE pallets, lumber yard scrap of free firewood will come to mind.
If not then it's an experiment in natural selection. :)

Last edited:
You guys sure are generous! If it isn't too much of a problem would you perhaps consider providing me with a new Stihl MS251 with EasyStart. Realizing that most, if not all, of you are professionals in the field of firewood gathering and processing, I am confident that you know that the MS251 is a small saw. As such, I am also confident that my request for a free Stihl saw isn't over the top. In addition, I sure would appreciate a few cords of seasoned oak firewood to go along with the saw. In all fairness I would like you to know that the actual number of cords you include with MY new Stihl saw is optional. Please call me in advance before you deliver the saw and firewood because I may be out getting a facial and my nails manicured. Again thank you, you're a bunch of great guys!!

similar to the many want for free ads on CL.
Need washing machine delivered to my house. Not too old and must have a bleach dispenser. I get so effin mad when I see that crap.
Or the CL adds for free wood that is nothing more than the brush pile someone left after cutting down a tree. The ad will read truckloads of free wood, you cut and clean up. Then you call and the guy tells you that it doesn't even need to be split and you get there and he says it doesn't need to be split because it's all one inch sticks! GRRRRRRR!!!!

Latest posts

Back