wanted free firewood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunny100

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
wanted free firewood
downed trees logs
i have chain saw for cuting up the wood
18in poulan pro gas chain saw
also got pick up truck to haul wood

im in the lebanon ,pa area
please email me if you have any free firewood
[email protected]

Sure thing captain ..We will get right on that ..how bout a few tri axle loads of seasoned red oak and we will deliver and stack it in neat rows for you too. And don't worry we will bring a case of your favorite beer so you can sit on your porch and relax with a cold brewski while we stack it out . Do you need it loaded into your stove because we will do that too . At arborist site we aim to please we want you super comfortable and to not have to lift a finger

I am a member on another firewood related forum. There was another member that have several locust trees removed from his property and had more wood than he could use. He offered the wood up on in a post for anyone local and several of us took advantage. I probably got a cord and half from him and he was only 20 minutes away one way. I'm not saying that is common place, but it can happen. Although in this case, he came to us, not us to him.

Would be nice if someone could deliver me logs on a flattie.
Nothing crappie though just Hickory or Locust please.
I won't charge you penny one to deliver loads of logs to me and it sure would be nice if you could maybe cut them to size and split them for me.
I don't have equipment to remove the logs from the flattie but if you got them on it how kind would it be if you got them off for me.
I won't ask you to stack them but if the feeling comes over you I won't say stop.

Think this is about the third one of these this year.
Someone just delete this thread please.

Hey - my neighbor with the tree service brings loads of wood to my place! Maybe he'd haul to PA from Minnesota, too. ;-)

Of course, the loads include all the brush and branches as well as the chips from grinding the stump, so I have to deal with all that. It's still a screaming deal, though!!

In fact, what might you all suggest I get the family as a gift or three? I drop off a couple cases of his favorite beer but still...

Jon

wanted free firewood
downed trees logs
i have chain saw for cuting up the wood
18in poulan pro gas chain saw
also got pick up truck to haul wood

im in the lebanon ,pa area
please email me if you have any free firewood
[email protected]

I'm not seeing where this guy is asking for anything more than a line on some fallen trees that he can go cut and haul home (with his own vehicle). Doesn't seem too out of line to me.

Not much different than the CL ads we get around here from guys offering to clean up farm groves if they can keep the wood.

Well under the Firewood,Heating and Wood burning Equipment title it does state" discuss all your firewood needs here". Guess he took it literally.

Hello,
I think he just worded the request a little weird. In my opinion, I don't think he was asking for free wood (not already cut into firewood size) but just if anybody had any downed trees that they wanted to get rid of. Then he would come cut them up and remove from the area with his truck. But , hey, I don't have a dog in this fight !!!!

I'm not seeing where this guy is asking for anything more than a line on some fallen trees that he can go cut and haul home (with his own vehicle). Doesn't seem too out of line to me.

Not much different than the CL ads we get around here from guys offering to clean up farm groves if they can keep the wood.
You are correct on the outside it seems like an honest request although a bit strange ...but dig a little deeper and you'll realize his post history is a bit shady he just wants free stuff and he's on other forums doing it not just here from what hear . I'm in pa . Pennsylvania stands for "penns woods "
We have a tremendous amount of wood in our state and in my mind there's no reason to be begging on forums besides he said he owns a truck and a saw all he needs now is some elbow grease . Now if the guy is freezing and desperate and reading this he can contact one of us local . I'd give right out of my wood pile to a honest man in need for his family even though It was prepared. With my blood sweat and tears Almost a year ago in the making

I got some frozen hard logs in my yard available for pickup, not much sawing required as the dog doesnt drop that big of a load. :laugh:

I had a friend of a friend call me one day and asked if I could cut down a few trees for him since he didn't have the knowledge or the saws. Turns out it was 15 oak trees that were standing dead, but just recently. He asked me how much I was going to charge him...LOL..I told him.. buddy this is like 8 cords of free wood..no charge

Wow what a great friend of a friend
You would be surprised at the number of "city folk" who come out of Houston and buy a few acres without any knowledge or tools. That particular guy was an higher up executive at Exxon and was walking around his overgrown yard in sandals and socks showing me which trees to cut. His whole family came out to watch me drop the biggest one. It was kinda cute because his little kids all yelled "TIIIIIIMMMMMMMBBBEEEEERRRR!!!" when it fell...slickers...

Latest posts

Back