Wanted to share my new addition to the shop

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackel440

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Ok I have been asking about finding a bigger saw to buck logs with.From either ebag or on here.I found a nice saw a member had listed, and planned to buy it.Until I heard I was going to be off work for a week or 2.So I had to pass on that saw.
Well my buddy tells me that he just bought a new saw, and that I could have his old one.
So now I am the proud owner of a Stihl 038 Magnum with a 25" bar.came with 3 fresh chains and 2 new in the boxes.:chainsawguy:
I am quite happy with how things worked out for me.The good lord always seems to help me out with good friends.
I cleaned her all up the other night.Looks real clean.
I am wanting to put a bigger set of felling dogs on her.As she only has the small one on the inside of the bar.I have been told the 044-046 dogs will bolt on,but I am not sure.
I think a set of those big west coast dogs would look cool.:laugh:
ThanksView attachment 167832View attachment 167833

I agree. Nice saw, Great friend. Enjoy! BTW, I've been following your OWB build over on the OWB forum. Great looking job.

Here is you Pic.

167833d1294625873-stihl-038-magnum-20%25-jpg

Yes it is a very nice saw.I hope to plan to sink it into some wood this weekend maybe.Thanks for the compliments guys

Nice saw - you gotta love those old 038 magnums. Where do you put your beer on that work bench?:smile:
Al.

Well I will be sinking her in alot of wood this weeekend.going to the woods to haul logs home.
yeah my Fab bench is trashed right now.I just got my outdoor wood gasification boiler built and installed.the whole shop isj a mess.I will have a weeks worth of cleaning to do out there.

Very nice. I Like my 038 mag II almost as much as my 044's. Its about a pound heavier and not much slower. 72cc vs. 70cc. Not bad for an oldie.

Latest posts

Back