Was going to sell inexpensive saw but changed my mind.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tifford

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Was going to sell my 42cc, pp4218, poulan pro but changed my mind.

I've had the above saw for at least 10 years now. I was going to sell it on craigs list but the more I thought about it the more it didn't make sense.
Looking at prices the most I could get for it might be 50 bucks which isn't much now a days.
The saw runs like a champ for a 42cc. So I decided to keep it.
-Did a muffler mod.....why not
-After years of sharpening the green oem chain I order the 91vxl062g chain. Should cut faster than ever with the aggressive chain.
-waiting on a new air filter. Kind of pissed me off that two big box stores late on a Saturday didn't have a single air filter for any chainsaw.
-order a tool that will fiddle with the carb screws.

While I was screwing around with the muffler I looked at the piston. Piston looks brand new.
I figure that whatever use I can still get out of the saw will add to the life of my other saws.

If you have more than a couple saws it is a good policy to have a designated loaner/demo saw. The saw you don't care about if your BIL locks it up, or you cut through a few nails. Keep the old chain for a junk chain.

I get $75 to $100 for those saws in this area as long as they are in really good condition. They seem to sell faster at that price versus $50 because people think something is wrong with it to be that cheap.

Back