Waste motor oil as bar oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You may die from cancer, but why add to the chances of it needlessly? For whatever it is or isn't worth I'm a career heavy duty diesel mechanic. In the past 20 years Osha, msha and a host of other agencies have done plenty of studies on the prolonged exposure to lubricating oils and fuels. It's not hype it's facts. Same reason businesses are switching away from solvent tanks to water based cleaners, even then the waste water is considered a hazardous material. Guess we're all wrong for trying to make it to 80 instead of 65...
This is exactly it. You control the things you can by not needlessly exposing your self to carcinogens.
The simplistic thinking of some on this site is just laughable.

Is it reality when you're sunken up to the spike? What about when it's windy?
Any studies you can link?
I mean, I never enjoyed getting drenched in dirty hydraulic oil from changing hoses first thing in the morning, but I didn't lose sleep over the possible carcinogenic effects either.
I would think these alleged .05-.200 micron oil balls just don't have the volume to get the job done.
You ever see a pumping unit kick right after a nap? Blows the lids off of the tank battery with enough aerosolized sweet crude to probably do something. Yet the only thing anyone worries about are BS emulsifiers. With good reason, the amount of oil patch chemical guys who die of cancer is scary.
Perhaps we're overblowing this a little bit?
Woking probably puts more oil in your lungs than a chainsaw. The Chinese seem to get by, though
There are studies. Stop being lazy and look them up.
You want to needlessly expose yourself to known carcinogens have at it. I really don't give a ****.
Just admit you are doing it and don't care instead of engaging in idiotic arguments.

You want to needlessly expose yourself to known carcinogens have at it. I really don't give a ****.
Just admit you are doing it and don't care instead of engaging in idiotic arguments.
I'm not really arguing about anything. I asked for a link, you know, in case you had one or two.

I'm going back to the forestry & logging forum. You girls be careful with that deadly deadly oil. Seriously, I've not witnessed this level of fear from men who like chainsaws ever before. "THE BAR OIL IS GETTING ON MEEEEEE!!!! I INHALED 3CCs OF ICKY BAR OIL OVER THE SPAN OF 25 YEARS NOOOOOOOO!" It would be profoundly satisfying to hear that any of you smoke cigarettes, or drink alcohol....
LOL! I couldn't agree more, the lefties have struck fear of everything under the sun into the hearts and minds of once rational people.

You may die from cancer, but why add to the chances of it needlessly? For whatever it is or isn't worth I'm a career heavy duty diesel mechanic. In the past 20 years Osha, msha and a host of other agencies have done plenty of studies on the prolonged exposure to lubricating oils and fuels. It's not hype it's facts. Same reason businesses are switching away from solvent tanks to water based cleaners, even then the waste water is considered a hazardous material. Guess we're all wrong for trying to make it to 80 instead of 65...
no Sean, i have been working in the machinery repair area my entire life s well... i have had several "lesions" removed from my arms over the last couple of years... and I am considered at risk for skin cancer anyways due to my complexion... so should we take reasonable precautions? of course we should, but when an internet discussion derails into "if you don't do this you will die of cancer" then you know its 99% ********.

so I call ********. prove me wrong.

Do what I say or else peon!!!! I am the most amazing and powerful Bwalker.. I will talk down to you on line to prove through the volume of my voice that I am special and you are an idiot... listen to me.. obey...

LOL! I couldn't agree more, the lefties have struck fear of everything under the sun into the hearts and minds of once rational people.

no Sean, i have been working in the machinery repair area my entire life s well... i have had several "lesions" removed from my arms over the last couple of years... and I am considered at risk for skin cancer anyways due to my complexion... so should we take reasonable precautions? of course we should, but when an internet discussion derails into "if you don't do this you will die of cancer" then you know its 99% ********.

Yea...but no one used those words..

This coming from a guy that lacks basic reading comprehension skills.
I don't give two S hits what you do. Make no mistake about that.

you seem awfully wrapped up in something that does not affect you... why? the need to control? I am honestly worried about your mental health... your desire to attack people who have no bearing on you nor your life leads me to think that maybe you have issues that need to be addressed. Maybe you need mental health help... honestly I am worried as you seem terribly pre-occupied by your ability to not force others to your thought process.

every other post you have posted is how someone should look it up.. "google it" while you are punching down to them... if you really cared you would support your views with links that teach the people below you.. you know those lower level types... you would teach them the error in their ways.

as you do not its easy to see that you are into control... my advice they have doctors that can help with this and prescribe to correct drugs to help balance your mental issues.

I don't give two S hits what you do. Make no mistake about that.

you seem awfully wrapped up in something that does not affect you... why? the need to control? I am honestly worried about your mental health... your desire to attack people who have no bearing on you nor your life leads me to think that maybe you have issues that need to be addressed. Maybe you need mental health help... honestly I am worried as you seem terribly pre-occupied by your ability to not force others to your thought process.

every other post you have posted is how someone should look it up.. "google it" while you are punching down to them... if you really cared you would support your views with links that teach the people below you.. you know those lower level types... you would teach them the error in their ways.

as you do not its easy to see that you are into control... my advice they have doctors that can help with this and prescribe to correct drugs to help balance your mental issues.
and worse yet.. del supports you... that says it all.

Again more examples of your lack of reading comprehension.
I'm just stating facts. You have been lead to water. What you do with it is up to you. In this country you are free to be a dumbass.

I didn't say it will cause cancer, I said it has known carcinogenic properties. I have no illusion I'll die from some form of cancer, genetics got me there. But I don't want to needlessly add to it. Which I admit in this stage if the game it probably doesn't matter for me. But no reason to add to the chances.

Latest posts

Back