we got an unlimited supply

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

o8f150

Tree Freak
Reaction score
dhibbs75 and i went and hauled the last 2 loads from that 2 acres we hauled from 2 months ago,,we hauled ALL walnut and cherry today. we also went to the other area and hauled 2 loads. this is unbelieveable. but a friend of his is clear cutting 2000 acres,thats right, 2000 acres. it is roughly 70% tillable but the rest of it is nothing but oak and hickory. monster trees,anyway the guy gave us permission to go any where they have already cut logs to cut firewood. we hauled 2 full loads of tops out of a 2500 square yard are,50 yards x 50 yards. sure most all of the wood is 1 time split. but we have an unlimited amout of OAK AND HICKORY,, i would say there is more then enough to last us for 10-15 years very easly,,we are going to hit another spot in the morn that we will end up getting 2+ loads,,and it is a very small are too.. will say it again,,,but it is 2000 acres,,
here is a few pics from this morn,,,of course dave had to do the captain morgan pose,,dave is on the tractor with the last load of the day,,

001-9.jpg

002-10.jpg

003-8.jpg

004-3.jpg

006-1.jpg

005-2.jpg

Last edited:
Let me the first to say you guys suck. Seriously though looks to be a really nice score, must be fairly easy to access. Have fun cutting and hauling, if it would only stack itself.

.... we have an unlimited amout of OAK AND HICKORY.......

You guys hit the firewood lottery!!!! I am so envious. Shame the guy can't clear those acres at your pace over the years but I'm sure he has a deadline. At least you can get the logs home and do the bulk of the work at your leisure. This is the score of all scores!!!

well we know he is making good money,,he just had a brand new john deere skidder delivered out to the sight,,will download more pics tomorrow

Last edited:
Good scoe and nice wood hauling equipment. Some people have all the luck. If you can't get to alot of it will the guy let you stock pile wood there to cut as your time allows? Hate to see some one do big bonfires with all that good wood.

Beefie

Nice score, and that's a beautiful Cummins your hauling it with too! I hope to join the Cummins club very soon...

You guys hit the firewood lottery!!!! I am so envious. Shame the guy can't clear those acres at your pace over the years but I'm sure he has a deadline. At least you can get the logs home and do the bulk of the work at your leisure. This is the score of all scores!!!

:agree2: This is the score of all scores!!! Glad to see you are taking advantage of the offer and not letting it go to waste.

You might just need a wider angle lens than Tom for all the wood you're going to haul/cut/split out of there.

It's great to hear when someone falls into a good thing.

Host a gtg and it'll be cut up in no time at all.

Host a gtg and it'll be cut up in no time at all.

Heck to me cutting is the easy part. You should get it all bucked up and have the first splitter/stacker GTG. You could have head to head competition and see who has the fastest most awesome splitter.

By the way I am busy that weekend! LOL

wiggs you are welcome to come up and get some,,if i remember right there is several out there that is 12-14", i would just have to go out there and look,,they are roughly 20" long, would be not problem getting them out,,

Heck to me cutting is the easy part. You should get it all bucked up and have the first splitter/stacker GTG. You could have head to head competition and see who has the fastest most awesome splitter.

By the way I am busy that weekend! LOL

that thought went through my mind more then once but there is only a few people that live close enough,,but it would be a fun day though,,we are hoping to haul 4 maybe 5 loads today,,i will post a few pics today of the pile after we get done,,dang saw i was going to call you first,,:cheers::cheers:

Latest posts

Back