Weather men are alarmist retards

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbojango

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
so, i live in kansas right. We get told last week 10-14 inches of snow where we live, more to the east and oklahoma is supposed to get more. THEN monday rolls around: 100% chance of snow... it FINALLY started to flurry just a little about midnight. THEN these retards tell us we're still getting like 12" of snow. Yesterday morning there was MAYBE an inch, and by the time its all said and done 3 inches tops. I will give them the fact they were right about the winds and the drifts sucked like hell and the blowing snow didn't make things to fun.

So... this IS wood related... i went out and brought about 1/3 of a cord of hedge up close because it was ALSO supposed to be -5 for the lows... well guess what, my house was 88 this morning because it DIDN'T get that cold, the roads were clear ALL the way to work because the snow didn't stick to them and the drifts were probably broken with 1 snow plow pass at 7am this morning.

If i was as wrong at my job as weathermen i'd be fired... i have TONS of wood up here by the house though... alarmist bastards...

Who else got the unfortunate task of hauling wood and not getting the blizzard they expected?

so, i live in kansas right. We get told last week 10-14 inches of snow where we live, more to the east and oklahoma is supposed to get more. THEN monday rolls around: 100% chance of snow... it FINALLY started to flurry just a little about midnight. THEN these retards tell us we're still getting like 12" of snow. Yesterday morning there was MAYBE an inch, and by the time its all said and done 3 inches tops. I will give them the fact they were right about the winds and the drifts sucked like hell and the blowing snow didn't make things to fun.

So... this IS wood related... i went out and brought about 1/3 of a cord of hedge up close because it was ALSO supposed to be -5 for the lows... well guess what, my house was 88 this morning because it DIDN'T get that cold, the roads were clear ALL the way to work because the snow didn't stick to them and the drifts were probably broken with 1 snow plow pass at 7am this morning.

If i was as wrong at my job as weathermen i'd be fired... i have TONS of wood up here by the house though... alarmist bastards...

Who else got the unfortunate task of hauling wood and not getting the blizzard they expected?

I like how they act like this is the first time this has ever happened even if it happens every year.

I like how they act like this is the first time this has ever happened even if it happens every year.

they even called in "SnowMAGEDDON" on TV.. maybe they just need something to happen so we quit talking about the retard arabs in egypt trying to kill each other :)

yes they over exagerate the snow. if they didn't the other half the idiots would be on the road driving like its a warm spring day. This would lead them into a massive pileup with the rest of the idiots driving too fast for conditions followed by the media showing interviews of everyone saying how no one told them it was this bad....
Or someone would be crying to the media that they ran out of beer and couldn't get out for three days because of the bad preditions. they get hit either way.

In my area of OK, we got about a 1/2" of sleet accumulation. its a bit cold, but the wind has stopped and the sun is out.

Last edited:
Down here we consider the wxmen to be very conservative when it comes to snowfall predictions. If every model they look at says 4-8 they'll be on tv saying 2-4 if we're lucky. It was a massive storm in parts of OK and MZ. There are folks in MZ that may not get out for a long time. Plus anybody see Cantore out in the thundersnow, pretty impressive storm. Sorry it missed you, it does stink to get screwed in the snow dept.

Down here we consider the wxmen to be very conservative when it comes to snowfall predictions. If every model they look at says 4-8 they'll be on tv saying 2-4 if we're lucky. It was a massive storm in parts of OK and MZ. There are folks in MZ that may not get out for a long time. Plus anybody see Cantore out in the thundersnow, pretty impressive storm. Sorry it missed you, it does stink to get screwed in the snow dept.

we need the damn moisture! its getting pretty dry around these parts!. AND AND AND! if i can't go out to western ks to work i can't make any money... well they closed the damn roads because of the "blizzard" and haven't reopened them yet. They didn't even GET snow 70 miles west of here!

yes they over exagerate the snow. if they didn't the other half the idiots would be on the road driving like its a warm spring day. This would lead them into a massive pileup with the rest of the idiots driving too fast for conditions followed by the media showing interviews of everyone saying how no one told them it was this bad....

And then some of those same idiots would try to sue them for not providing adequate warnings.

it's all "hollywood".

what i liked are the people they interviewed on tv: at a gas station showing lines of cars getting fueled up, some guy was saying "it's not a big deal"....as he was filling his car like all the other alarmists.

or the woman at the packed grocery store with a filled shopping cart: "i don't know why people are panicking"...as her cart was over-flowing.

the weather is a good example of how the media easily controls people and how much of a nation of #####cats we have become.

toughen up...it's winter for christ's sake...deal with it and enjoy the seasons.

they called for 24" of show here....we got like maybe 5 last night then it rained....but, the closed everything! lol

one can only imagine the panic if we ever had a real emergency.

Way overblown here too. They called for 12" of snow and "blizzard" conditions. Looks like about 4" so far. The media seem to like to do this a couple of times per year - must be good for ratings.

VOTE BLOBANA 2012!!!!! Him & big AL will fix all this if we just let them spend lots more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$:pig::lying:

VOTE BLOBANA 2012!!!!! Him & big AL will fix all this if we just let them spend lots more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$:pig::lying:

nice.. they can't control the weather.. if they could they'd give farmers more rain so they could keep them poor and keep oil prices high and keep drivin bio diesel down our throats worse than they are :)

Hey Jimbo, I live about 70 miles west of you, we got a couple inches of snow........just sayin.

it's all "hollywood".

what i liked are the people they interviewed on tv: at a gas station showing lines of cars getting fueled up, some guy was saying "it's not a big deal"....as he was filling his car like all the other alarmists.

or the woman at the packed grocery store with a filled shopping cart: "i don't know why people are panicking"...as her cart was over-flowing.

the weather is a good example of how the media easily controls people and how much of a nation of #####cats we have become.

toughen up...it's winter for christ's sake...deal with it and enjoy the seasons.

they called for 24" of show here....we got like maybe 5 last night then it rained....but, the closed everything! lol

one can only imagine the panic if we ever had a real emergency.
I have traveled enough that I treat the media and weather like stewardesses. I dont care what is happening, I dont worry until they look worried. I have seen a stewardess panic ONCE when the pilot didn't land on approach. someone taxied a personal plane too far into the runway.
If the local media has their people out and about, dont sweat it. if there is one or two of the anchors missing and no one is going out. be concerned.

nice.. they can't control the weather.. if they could they'd give farmers more rain so they could keep them poor and keep oil prices high and keep drivin bio diesel down our throats worse than they are :)

Sure they can.... Texas is having rolling blackouts so power can be diverted to the HAARP device and maybe get this one right... (or kill a bunch more black birds)

Hey Jimbo, I live about 70 miles west of you, we got a couple inches of snow........just sayin.

hmm.. really!?!?! buddy of mine in coldwater said "no snow" just a dusting.. and another buddy in dodge said the same thing... lying bastards ;) they just wanted to get me out there so i'd have to spend the night

Latest posts

Back