weird friends saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badcars2

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
friend showed up with a sears and roebuck chainsaw today. it is gear reduction and the manual says 1965.
is this thing an old mac or something, sears doesnt build anything just wondering who really did.
now he actually saws he has two of them, both runners.
in the manual it says to file with 1/4 inch file. this is one heavy chain compared to what i use.
any input?

Last edited:
I looked on Mike's site but he does not list anything under Sears. Are there any model numbers on it? I am wondering O&R but I don't know if they made anything that big. Didn't know Sears sold the big ones.

Mike's site:

Try looking under Craftsman (Sears Robuck and company) on Mike's site ans see if this helps. David Bradley made saws for Sears. The one I have is model # 917.60003. I has a gear drive and 1/2" pitch chain that uses a 1/4" file to sharpen it up. Check them out and see what you think. Lewis.

Since the David Bradley 360 was probably the most popular saw ever sold by Sears I would speculate it is that. It seems everyone knocks them but Sears sure sold a ton of them. As for who actually made them I am not sure as David Bradley was a Sears brand name. That was the name brand of all their farm equipment.

Bill

got to get more info

and by the way the friend is weird as well as the saw.......
but these saws just interest me, let me get some numbers, hate to waste space

Latest posts

Back