Weird problem. Chain tightens up then goes loose.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frankconley

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi. My jonsereds 621 chain gets right even when saw is not running. If I slide chain along bar it will go tight and then loose again with no pattern. In picture notice tips of things rounded off. Could bad sprocket cause this?20200815_114715.jpg

Likely the chain is worn out of round. It happens. Could be the nose sprocket, but also check the drive rim or spur sprocket.

Everyone else said drive sprocket so im going to go with, you need to check the flux capacitor and or muffler bearing. Might as well check the canooter valve while your at it.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Everyone else said drive sprocket so im going to go with, you need to check the flux capacitor and or muffler bearing. Might as well check the canooter valve while your at it.

No no no no no, its the turbo encabulator! The failure is surely due to non-reversible amulite from the drawn reciprocation dingle-arm failing to reduce soinosoidal replaneration. ;)

I’m soo cheap I’ll use two short chains to make a longer one. I. E. , add twelve dl from one to add to a sixty to make a 72 driver.

Have the tight/loose problem all the time as both used loops have different amount of wear on the pins/rivets.

No no no no no, its the turbo encabulator! The failure is surely due to non-reversible amulite from the drawn reciprocation dingle-arm failing to reduce soinosoidal replaneration. ;)

But,,,,,but we must over come the negative reaction of the overflow dynaflow.

Either the sprocket nose is missing rollers or the clutch bearing is missing rollers. All the rollers on one side will make the chain go tight n loose.

Back