Welcome my little woodcutter...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kingsley

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Well WOW guys,
My little guy was born on the 7th at 12:01 am 6 weeks early. He is 4 lbs 17 inches and doing well. His Name is Emmett. We have been in the Hospital now for a week waiting for this little guy to come and it has been the biggest challenge of our lives. Mom is doing great and we expect her to be home Friday or Saturday, but Emmett will be staying possibly up to 6 weeks.
attachment.php

Here is Dad (me) getting some much needed mental therapy during one of the breaks in the medical drama. (Mom was stable at the hospital before birth).
attachment.php

Here he is. What a tough little guy. He is doing well, but had a little trouble with his lungs getting going (normal for a premie). He is over that hurdle for the moment and is getting better fast.
attachment.php

This is a custom made onesie my sister inlaw made for little Emmett. He has a while before he can wear it, but I imagine him looking great in it! Pictures of baby and saws to follow. (may take awhile though)

Life is good,
Marty

Congrats and glad to hear all is going well...:clap:

Kinda threw me for a curve when I read the title of the thread knowing that he was not supposed to be here until the end of October...

Yeah, he couldn't wait to get out. Must be impatient. I have no idea where he got that?;)
His original due date was Nov. 2nd. He was supposed to be here at the end of October, because my wife has type 1 diebietes and they were going to induce a week early. (diebetic women have really big babies and it is safer to get them out before they get too big).
My wife ended up getting very sick (preclampsia)(no idea how to spell it). The best thing to do when she wasn't getting any better on a few days of bed rest is to deliver the baby. It was very hard to see my wife in so much pain for so long! We are not talking contractions here guys, we are talking about constant pain. Anyway I'm SUPER relieved at where things are at the moment.

What do you think of my 066 with 36" bar. Even with a full comp chain it really ripped right thru the oak. What a tension reliever that was!!!

Thanks for the kind words.
Marty

Congratulations on the new baby. I agree that blasting through some wood with a powerful saw is a great stress reliever for those of us that don't cut wood for a living (and maybe for some that do cut wood for a living!).

Congrats!!

Childbirth is always an exciting time, complications only ratchet it up a few notches. A rough road, but sounds like a good outcome.

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

congrats on the baby.......i thought you were showing an African native on top of a giant tree he felled.....had to look a second time!!!!!

if this is your first, you have no idea how your world and priorities will (should) change.....what's important now will likely fade to the back and things you have no interest in now will suddenly become the hot topics!!!

Congratulations Marty! :clap: Can imagine its been a stressful time for all. Our son was a bit early, so I can imagine what your next month will be like. Neonatal care is truly amazing! Learned a whole new level of respect for the nurses. Bet ya can't wait til he picks up his first saw!

Dan

Good news!!!. Hope things continue to go well. Our first grandaughter was born early. Now she's ten going on twenty and she still owns grandpa.:cheers:

Congrats on the addation to the fam!

Just about like my story. My 2+ year old little girl was born 7 weeks early (same complacations as your wife) weighing in at 3 lbs 12oz. She came home in 5 days and hasn't stoped growing since! She's 30 lbs now!

Here's a fairly recient pic of my little one!

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back