Well folks, I really dit it now

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So is ropen

• Afflicted with wood cutting tools

Votes: 14 24.1%
  • Going to be disappointed

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Going to have to get real busy to make a profit.

Votes: 27 46.6%
  • A lunitic neocon bootlicker whatever that means lol

Votes: 15 25.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You sound experienced with this machine will it produce a cord per hour if wood is staged?

If you have the blocks set near the machine and don't mind doing the Hustle it is capable of 2-3 full cord per hour with a 4 or 6 way wedge... You can not take the split wood away from the wedge as fast as it will produce that is why I recommended the conveyor lol........

Scott

A quick heads up for you especially if your going to be splitting huge diameter blocks of wood. Go grab some MADE IN USA Grade 8 bolts for the gibbs on the push block, the China made FASTENAL bolts are JUNK and will break off or bend and cause the gibbs to loosen

Scott

Did I mention that Fastenal bolts with JH markings on the head are china made crap...

I probably have them in my bolt bin thanks I will do that I have six or seven 12 foot by 45" plus logs and a couple 56" which I will likely have to quarter, and a huge amount of smaller.

WOW ! Nice !

My local dealer has one on the lot for something like $8200. I guess you'd better do a cord / hr.

Very nice piece of equipment........ congratulations.:cheers:

My local dealer has one on the lot for something like $8200. I guess you'd better do a cord / hr.

Very nice piece of equipment........ congratulations.:cheers:

I have them in stock at $8490 with the hydraulic log lift and hydraulic 4 way. 6 way is another $595.00 and the Table Grate is $495.00 and the 24' paddle belt conveyor is a $7595.00 option lol

Scott

If you have the blocks set near the machine and don't mind doing the Hustle it is capable of 2-3 full cord per hour with a 4 or 6 way wedge... You can not take the split wood away from the wedge as fast as it will produce that is why I recommended the conveyor lol........

Scott

I have a skid steer maybe I am not seeing it clearly I figured the conveying to be great for loading a dump trailer. Can you not just advance a little leaving it windowed then use the skid to push into piles?

I have a skid steer maybe I am not seeing it clearly I figured the conveying to be great for loading a dump trailer. Can you not just advance a little leaving it windowed then use the skid to push into piles?

if you want to make windrows try to leave it hooked to a tractor or something heavy and leave the jackleg up. What happens if you just push up a big pile the jackleg gets burried and then you either bend the leg or the retaining pin trying to pull it out of the pile..

Scott

I have them in stock at $8490 with the hydraulic log lift and hydraulic 4 way. 6 way is another $595.00 and the Table Grate is $495.00 and the 24' paddle belt conveyor is a $7595.00 option lol

Scott
Very close to my dealers price he gave me a break on shipping then tax took it back! I will let my business grow a little before the conveyor but can see it valuable at a future point. I have to wait for my table grate he sold out of almost everything last week! I first thought of making it but it fits different and don't really want to go to the trouble. I have the 4 way for now I will see how I like it as we have old growth and some knotty stuff.

if you want to make windrows try to leave it hooked to a tractor or something heavy and leave the jackleg up. What happens if you just push up a big pile the jackleg gets burried and then you either bend the leg or the retaining pin trying to pull it out of the pile..

Scott

Yeah I figured that is how I would split, my old bobcat here I rebuilt a month ago with a vanguard 35hp, it has a ball so it will likely suit me for my efforts!

Yeah I figured that is how I would split, my old bobcat here I rebuilt a month ago with a vanguard 35hp, it has a ball so it will likely suit me for my efforts!

Air Cooled or Liquid Cooled the Big Block Series of Briggs and Stratton are the best in market right now for v twin 25 - 35 hp range sure will run better that the ole wisconson that probably came out of the old bobcat..

Scott

Air Cooled or Liquid Cooled the Big Block Series of Briggs and Stratton are the best in market right now for v twin 25 - 35 hp range sure will run better that the ole wisconson that probably came out of the old bobcat..

Scott

Yeah the Wisconsin dropped the cam into a rod and out the block I researched the vanguard
and could find nothing bad about it and think I will have many trouble free hours. I had a bear of a time figuring out and having to fabricate a tool to take the variable speed pulley out, it has many internal snap rings but figured it out and been working it daily. I love it but will fab a roll cage soon, if I let anyone else operate it.

Scott[/QUOTE]

onan's and wisc in the same league--out dated, and dang exp to maintain----and getting harder to get parts for--i priced a muffler for a snapper tractor that has a onan engine---from the factory--787.00 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i asked if it was gold plated before i hung up--sheesh---

Scott

onan's and wisc in the same league--out dated, and dang exp to maintain----and getting harder to get parts for--i priced a muffler for a snapper tractor that has a onan engine---from the factory--787.00 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i asked if it was gold plated before i hung up--sheesh---[/QUOTE]

Yup exactly why I converted it, they also seem to require a constant wrench:laugh:

Scott

onan's and wisc in the same league--out dated, and dang exp to maintain----and getting harder to get parts for--i priced a muffler for a snapper tractor that has a onan engine---from the factory--787.00 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i asked if it was gold plated before i hung up--sheesh---[/QUOTE]

ONAN Part Prices, I am one of the few Onan industrial engine dealers left in the NorthEast and You can Thank CUMMINS for the STUPID PARTS PRICING... Cummins wants to flush Onan out of the system and they are succeeding.......

Scott

Last edited:
Nice splitter rope....now all you need is a couple of Stihls to make wood processing really fun!

Lol he had four walls full of them steals and not one 880. I was looking at a 660 and he hurried over and asks if I needed a saw to compliment my Timberwolf and I just could not resist.

I asked where he kept his Husky's :hmm3grin2orange: We talked about Home depot and stuff for a while, I explained the ones I use and that mine get modded. He seen one of my 372's he was a good guy I wanted to put it up against his 460 but understood he sells them.

just a little tip for a cheap conveyor... try a farm elevator like what was used for ear corn and small square hay bales. we picked up a pair of old ones at an auction for a couple hundred bucks. no one really uses them any more and ya cant hardly give em away. just a thought...

Latest posts

Back