Well folks, I really dit it now

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So is ropen

• Afflicted with wood cutting tools

Votes: 14 24.1%
  • Going to be disappointed

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Going to have to get real busy to make a profit.

Votes: 27 46.6%
  • A lunitic neocon bootlicker whatever that means lol

Votes: 15 25.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
just a little tip for a cheap conveyor... try a farm elevator like what was used for ear corn and small square hay bales. we picked up a pair of old ones at an auction for a couple hundred bucks. no one really uses them any more and ya cant hardly give em away. just a thought...

Thanks, I have spent several months at the receiving end of a square bail conveyer brings back memories lol:cheers:

PS judging by the poll I need to get busy to pay for this thing so I am going to see what I can do alone today pics soon to follow. I have the grand babies today so, I may only get a few hours to work but That should tell me what can be produced! Thanks for everyone's input I am thinking of putting fliers up in stores and a newspaper add and will be including it on my tree service adds next year to effectively stay busy all year. For the guy's that sell firewood do you get allot of calls for it or is it random? I am not sure if I am going retail or wholesale there is a stove outlet that will buy big quantities at wholesale probably 100 per cord dumped on their lot. I am thinking of getting a dual tandem 18 foot dump trailer so I can haul four cords per trip!

Last edited:
My start rain stopped me :cry:

Ok I started here not much before a shower got the cam wet and had to come back to the house. I can already see I will need the table grate but it handled this 40" red oak like a champ I have some bigger stuff but will quarter it. My cam got wet hope it did not fry sorry about the pic quality I will dry it out and get started as soon as this shower quits. The last pic is the pile I did with the troybuilt which I am going too sell it is not a bad splitter just to slow to get all I bring home each year:cheers:PS that pile is around ten foot tall
and 35 foot wide at its widest point I have another near the house that is prolly 2 cords from early spring efforts.

Last edited:
Well I worked off and on today cause the grand babies and the heat so maybe 3 1/2 hours.
I had to get the logs out of the piles move the splitter saw the rounds and still got almost two cords cut and stacked. I will have to get the table I was throwing a big quarterd log that had a half split and somehow my finger got in the crack just when the log hit the anvil and ouch! I probably could have got more split if I did not stack. I will like my machine and when it cools down can see much better production. I will work some in the mourning before heading out to get paid to clear shooting lanes for a deer stand and maybe a little when I get back. Then I will take another picture!

Well I worked off and on today cause the grand babies and the heat so maybe 3 1/2 hours.
I had to get the logs out of the piles move the splitter saw the rounds and still got almost two cords cut and stacked. I will have to get the table I was throwing a big quarterd log that had a half split and somehow my finger got in the crack just when the log hit the anvil and ouch! I probably could have got more split if I did not stack. I will like my machine and when it cools down can see much better production. I will work some in the mourning before heading out to get paid to clear shooting lanes for a deer stand and maybe a little when I get back. Then I will take another picture!
Must be nice. All I ever get is sweatty.lol

You must be cutting new lanes. Usually just need to be mowed and some brushcutting.

Yeah a nice buck was playing hide and seek with him last year lol. He has one of those nice tower blinds and wants a view in the adjacent pasture where two huge oaks drop acorns! I need the work he also wants a cord of twelve inch firewood so going to be busy!

Back