Well, I got a 562XP.......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't really read up on the 241, but if it is nothing more than a 261 with a smaller jug and slug, it would be too big and heavy for the displacement, a smaller chassis size comparable to the 024 would be more desirable for a 40cc saw, another reason the 543 ought to be a winner if they utilize as small as chassis as feasible. If it was in the size range of the old sachs-dolmar 100 or about the size of the 211 it would be perfect.

The 241 is smaller and lighter than the 261 - it weights like a Husky 242xp and Dolmar 420 - but has less power than the ol' 242, like the 420. It is not made without the CM thingy, Stihls version of the AT.

I believe you are right regarding the 543xp vs. the 550xp - the 346xp is so good that it is hard to imagine the replacement is much improvement.....:msp_biggrin:

They had to cowboy up the 346 with the 346ne, and now it will have the same fate as the 372..........yet another one that in some markets has prevailed, albeight most solely due to the name of 372xpxt..............Newer designs especially with different numbers in the husqvarna/stihl world are hard sellers. I could sell a boatload of 576xp if they were labelled 376xp.

In certain markets I too believe the 543xp will be more popular than the 550xp, specs and claims are all in the eye of the beer-holder. A 5cc difference is not much its the hp that is the deciding factor, to really feel the difference in performance of a saw in the cut one needs at least 10cc of difference all other factors being the same.

They had to cowboy up the 346 with the 346ne, .......

I suspect the original reason to make the NE was to get it above 50cc for EPA rule reasons, same reason that Stihl increased the bore of the MS260 for some years earlier. However, Husky didn't strangle the new version with a severely restricted muffler, but instead made some other improvements when they were at it!

Are any of the new huskys going too come in red?

Some eventually will. The routine so far has been that Jonsered doesn't get the new model until Husky kills the outgoing chassis. And the 357/359 is certainly going away, so at some point the Red ones ought to show up. But whether or not they get all of the models is another story. The 555 is likely, but who knows if/when the 562 follows. And then whether Tilton chooses to import them. Same goes for the 545/550. Remember there was a time when Husky had the 346OE, but the 2147 never made it here.

The 357 and 359 is listed along with the 560 and 555 here at the moment, but along what spike said, I don't think that situation will last for long....

My only small comments on the current Jonsered versions is the streigh-across handlebar that is not as good when limbing etc, imo - and that the added plastic on the starter side adds a little weight in the worst possible place, regarding handling!

In certain markets I too believe the 543xp will be more popular than the 550xp, specs and claims are all in the eye of the beer-holder. A 5cc difference is not much its the hp that is the deciding factor, to really feel the difference in performance of a saw in the cut one needs at least 10cc of difference all other factors being the same.

I'd say certain applications rather than markets. And it will be just as important that people notice a weight difference as they do the power; maybe more so. If it doesn't feel lighter as soon as you pick it up, you're going to set it right back down in favor of the 550.

Comparing the current 346 to a 242, you do notice both the power and weight differences. In some applications, the 242 is the better saw to grab. Light, great handling, with good power up to a point, because you can only do so much with 42cc's. The 346 has a little more weight, but a bunch more power as the wood gets larger. So, the 346 is a little more useful in the sense that it covers a wider range of saw tasks.

But when you have a silly amount of other saws, a 242XP is a real handy saw to have around. There have been very few true pro saws in that size and weight class. It was so good in it's day that Husky never really needed a top handle saw. Lot's of guys like to climb with a rear handle saw, and some large tree companies are looking at eliminating top handle saws to discourage one hand usage.

The little 435 is a nice light saw, but it's of course a homeowner item. Still, I have guys that climb with them because of their light weight. I was thinking about doing a muff mod on one and see how close we can get it to a 242 in performance.

But, if the 242 is the 543's target, I do think it's a great idea. :msp_biggrin:

I'd say certain applications rather than markets. And it will be just as important that people notice a weight difference as they do the power; maybe more so. If it doesn't feel lighter as soon as you pick it up, you're going to set it right back down in favor of the 550.

But, if the 242 is the 543's target, I do think it's a great idea. :msp_biggrin:

:agree2: Exactly!

Remember there was a time when Husky had the 346OE, but the 2147 never made it here.

Yet the 2147 made it to Canada via the US at the same time.
question for spike and other us dealers, as a husky dealer in the us can you order jonsered saws? via Husqvarna or does it have to go thru Tilton?

Up here we used to have Buchanner which was a nationwide distributor like Tilton , and one had to be a Jonsered Dealer to get any red goodies...............this was up until mid 2002ish

It was so good in it's day that Husky never really needed a top handle saw. Lot's of guys like to climb with a rear handle saw, and some large tree companies are looking at eliminating top handle saws to discourage one hand usage.

Our provincial hydro (aka state hydro) cannot use top handle saws, and for the most part run all Husqvarna products (chainsaws and clearing saws) save for the ms200.
Husqvarna make a rear handle saw the 339xp, and is supposed to be available here but it is not. Bucket truck saws have a hard life might see if I can give a crew a 435 to sway some opinions.

No 562XP For Me, For A While

Been following the thread(s) for a while. Really enjoy the comments.

Was hoping to buy and use a new 560XP or 562XP this year. As such one of the reasons I've been following is to see when the new saws would come out. My local dealer seemingly had no idea, nor did they care much. When it became obvious it was not going to make it in time for me I went in and purchased a new 346XP G.

Just cut 14 cords which will do it for me for this year. Did my cutting a bit south of the Arctic Circle.

The 346 is the first saw I've bought since moving to the Arctic that I like. And I really liked it. It was a true pleasure to run. I'm running a 20 inch bar with a 3/8 inch pitch chain. This year I cut all dead white/black spruce. A big one might be 20 inches at the butt, most considerably less.

Been bad luck for me with saws since moving here (AK).

Husky 55 Rancher. Gave it away. Developed serious hard starting problems not long after purchase. Took me quite a while to get it fixed. Near as I could tell it was the tip on the needle valve, in the Xama Carb.

Husky 460 Rancher. Still have it. Same exact problem as the Husky 55.

Stihl MS 361. Nice power but really bigger than I need. Plus it is one finicky starting saw. I don't give a crap what anyone says. After going through all the crap with the previous two, it really was an irritation. It always would start though.

So this go my 346 XP G got all the use. The others stayed in the truck. Again a really nice saw for my needs. I am not young anymore (age does it thing), yet I can run this saw for a long time without getting seriously fatigued. And it started real nice, every time.

So we will see, but now in no hurry for a 560 or 562, yet we all have different needs. If I was consistently in bigger wood I'm sure I would want the power, but I am not.

nspolar

Vi Snakkes! (lived in Norway for near 8 years SawTroll, never saw a troll though)

Latest posts

Back