Well....My DHT 4-way finally arrived!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laynes69

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
My wife ordered a 4-way for my 27 ton DHT splitter before Christmas. After being set back numerous times by e-mail, it finally arrived. Hope it was worth the wait. The 4-way weighs a ton, has an adjustable height for larger logs, and a single wedge when the 4-way isn't needed. The 4-way can be removed by a single pin from one to the other. I like the wedge style better on the original wedge, but I'm sure this will do just fine. Temps are in the single digits, going to drop below zero so it will be a while before I install and use. 20150212_172947.jpg

Interested to hear how this works. I was going to buy one for a speeco 20T, but haven't pulled the trigger on it yet.

The picture is showing here, maybe something on your end.

It was 129.99 plus shipping. There's alot of steel there. Here is another pic with it dissassembled.

Attachments

• 1423790065646-709618008.jpg
    1423790065646-709618008.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 208
Nice ! Let's see a pic of the whole unit . I sure don't miss swinging an axe don't know what I'd do without my huskee 22 ton splitter

I've started mine in the teens, but right now it's warmed up to -2°F and I know it won't start. If I needed mine in this weather, I would buy a magnetic block heater for the hydraulic tank.

Hi I just got a 27T DHT at Menards this weekend they had a sale on them at stores that had them in stock. It was funny because when I called the store that listed they had one it took them an hour to hunt it down. I just ordered the 4 way wedge for it also. I still have to get the splitter together. Curious if this will work well. Did you get a chance to try it out ?
I ordered the 4 way form PED
Lowes does not carry it anymore at least online

No, not yet. I have it mounted, but we keep getting hit with snow and subzero weather. Hopefully if the weather cooperates, here in the next week or two I'll give it a go.

I here you I am putting mine together outside right now in MN and it is nice day about 18 degrees with the sun out warmest day we have had for awhile. We have had a not so bad winter more normal this year. We are suppose to get blasted with snow tonight and I want it off my trailer. May have to trailer the sleds somewhere after snow : ) So far I am short 4 washers so have to go to the hardware store : ( the good news I got email back from PED that the 4 way DHT wedge has shipped : ) Hope your weather gets better.

20150308_165448.jpg Well, I got a chance today to try out the 4 way. I'm not impressed, and now I have an expensive paper weight. It was doing well, until on the return it binded with a piece of wood and bent. It also sheared a portion of the pin that holds it on. I was splitting wild cherry.

Latest posts

Back