Well the arch is just about finished Pics included!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
74 trees to go! I have about 20 down and debrushed, awaiting the arch. heres part of the one I hauled out tonight. It is 23' 3" long. about 13" diameter at the big end. I know I should of had it in the arch the other way, but thats the only way I could get to it. Anybody have an idea what it weighs? I think its oak.View attachment 228979View attachment 228980View attachment 228981

Looks GREAT! Looks like it's working as planned! How is the winch working out to lift the log? Is the back end of the tow vehicle getting lifted or feeling light?

I've often thought of building one that's two pieces. The log connects the front to the back being the mid section. Hooking the front part to a 3 point hitch on a tractor.....just thoughts that haven't been put on paper or welded up.

OH...btw...nice shop!
228979d1331778140-arch-done-jpg

228980d1331778140-arch-done-1-jpg

228981d1331778141-arch-done-2-jpg

Last edited:
Thanks manyhobies for posting my pics. The hitch is prying up and when i stood on it didnt go down. So ya, theres a little upward force on the gator. Maybe i could fill the bed with firewood for a little extra weight. The winch is only a 1000 lb. Winch, i dont think its going to be able to handle everything i want it to do. I have some more laying around, might have to put a little bigger one on. I would of liked to build one for the 3 point on the tractor, but our smallest tractor is pretty big to get through the woods. And the shop, thanks love it, couldnt live without it. The shop is heated through the floor from my boiler!

Back