Well there's one less 650 out there

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HUSKYMAN

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
My bud's old man has a 27 year old 650, and it siezed:(

He is not going to fix it, it has had other problems lately and he wants to keep it for parts for his 750. Sad to see the old girl pass

I assume you are referring to a 650 Homelite. I bought one from a guy two weeks ago but the saw is not here. I paid for it by paypal two weeks ago today. It should have been shipped on April 21 or 22nd. After it did not show up last weekend I emailed the guy asking for the UPS tracking number. It took about four emails for him to even respond and when he did he just said he was sure he shipped it as it was no longer at his house. He said he must have lost the tracking number. At this point I do not know what to do.

Bill

Bill, is the saw coming from Romania? :) UPS gives time estimates that are pretty much on the mark. Two weeks sounds like a lot. What kind of feedback does this guy have? Threaten a chargeback unless either the tracking number or saw appears.

Them be purty Homelites. I think that series was the only one they make that looks better than the 700-925 lineup. Did they ever make an 850? I seem to remember one for sale a couple years ago, although it may have been another Romanian.

John,

No the saw is supposed to be on the east coast. I do wonder what ever happened to that "Romanian 750". I emailed teh seller of the 650 many times and got no response. When he finally emailed back he just said it was hipped UPS. I kept emailing asking for the tracking number and he said he lost it. The is total BS because he said he uses UPS software (which will keep the account records). I finally got a phone number for him and tried calling him last night. A guy answered and said he would get the seller. He came back in a minute and said he was not there but he would be back. I told him I would call back later. When I called back they let teh machine pick it up. he was obviously screening his calls. I emailed again but got no response. I called again tonight and the seller answered ( I think it was the same guy) He said he had emailed me the tracking number tonight which I told him was bull because I had just checked my emails before dialing his number. He then produced a tracking number but had to admit that he had just shipped the saw tonight. (17 days after sending payment by paypal) He said he had been in the hospital. Ia sked why he lied in the emails saying that he had shipped the saw but lost the number. His reply was that someone else was answering his emails. I cannot wait to check ups.com tomarrow night to see if he is lying again.

As for a 850 yes they did make them but I believe they were older saws that bore no resemblence to the newer series. Roger Bennet I believe sold one a week or two ago for $49 on ebay. I have heard that Homelite did make a 8 ci saw that may have been in the 750 style but I have never seen proof of it. I really would like to hear from others if anyone knows.

Bill

Well once again I should have done my homework first. The saw he sold a couple weeks ago was a XL-850. I knew it was an older saw but I forgot it was part of the XL-series. I need to lay off the Miller's

Bill

I know about the XL-850 (did they make other old 850 saws?), but I swear I saw a 750-style "850" a few years ago. Maybe it's just my mind playing tricks on me.

Homelite made an 880 right before they turned into the worthless POS company they are now. Sorry, I have no specs, but I have seen it myself and its for sale, never been used

Huskyman,

I may be wrong but I believe you may be referring to the 8800 which was one of the last big saws they made. I believe it was the continuation of the 540 and 5400 that burned themselves up. I think it was also the basis of the MP-88 cutoff saw.

John,

I have heard of a 850 that was the same style as the 750 but I have never seen one. I do know there was a Homelite on ebay that was supposed to be over 8 ci and it was a 70's/80's saw. I believe Lambert may be able to shed some light on the issue once his honeymoon is over.

Just my random observations,

Bill

Well my 650 finally showed up today. I believe it has been three weeks since I sent payment. The seller told me complete lies but did finally ship it. You are not going to believe the packaging he used. He took a light cardboard box and folded over one end making a triangle. He did not really tape the ends just slapped a few pieces on it. The box arrived with a fist sized hole in it. Anyone want to take a guess what fits right through that hole ? Yep, the bar was gone. I contacted UPS right away but I doubt I get anywhere with it. This has been a real hassle.

Bill

Latest posts

Back