Went to pick up new saw, came home with a second

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m gunna have to go talk to my dealer about this 441 business. I may be selling off more saws than I thought.

Nice saws and truck. I’m over in East Texas, we should have a get together sometime lol

Thanks, Im happy with the new truck, but I still prefer my Ford. That might change once I get the Ram built up. Im game for a saw meet up sometime, I am surprised that we don't have any Texas GTG's, less trees here overall, but we are a big state and there's plenty to cut up in your neck of the woods lol.

Here's the Ford that the misses commandeered.

Fkj5nnj.jpg

Thanks, Im happy with the new truck, but I still prefer my Ford. That might change once I get the Ram built up. Im game for a saw meet up sometime, I am surprised that we don't have any Texas GTG's, less trees here overall, but we are a big state and there's plenty to cut up in your neck of the woods lol.

Here's the Ford that the misses commandeered.

Fkj5nnj.jpg

Wow that’s a beauty. I drive a Tundra but my heart lies with the diesels. I really want an older Ford 350 with the 7.3. I’m not a big fan of DEF and all the other castrations the feds have done to them. But that’s a rant for another day.

I’ve had a guy from Louisiana over before and did some cutting. We have plenty of pine over here that’s for sure lol. If I had the time, money, and organization skills I’d try to put on a Texas GTG

I’m gunna have to go talk to my dealer about this 441 business. I may be selling off more saws than I thought.

Nice saws and truck. I’m over in East Texas, we should have a get together sometime lol
Stihl for sale here locally & in Bloomington/Lexington, Il. where I bought mine

I went out and got a Ram Power Wagon to build for our overland/camping rig, driving a gasser again is interesting, but when I miss my F-250 I just jump in it when she gets home haha.

We're gonna need to see some pics of that Power Wagon!

BTW - I'm moving to San Antonio in July. Would love to have a GTG in Texas. Could bring one of just about everything in my signature...

We're gonna need to see some pics of that Power Wagon!

BTW - I'm moving to San Antonio in July. Would love to have a GTG in Texas. Could bring one of just about everything in my signature...

Nice, the north side and northern suburbs of SA are very nice, you couldn't pay me to live south of 410 though. Are you military or moving for a job?

Ill snap a few pics of the PW this weekend, and I agree about a Texas GTG.

TX68w, what's not to like about your saw collection. I'm in Houston, so about all the trees I get to cut are storm damage. Enjoy them!

I agree, I feel blessed to have them. I started on this saw craze post Hurricane Harvey myself, I spent a solid two weeks running a saw after the storm. We got it pretty bad down here in Victoria, clocked winds at 135mph at our ranch.

The 261 still looks new. It doesn't look like it's seen much use in a year and a half.

It has had 14 tanks through it, I take really good care of my stuff, Im almost anal about it. It has a new bar on it since it was new, the one it came with had a small hitch in the guide, the new bar has two tanks on it now.

Military.

Should we start a thread about a Texas GTG?

What year is the PW?

Cool, I figured as much with your handle/signature, JBSA Fort Sam Houston was my last post before I discharged.

Yes, I think a Texas GTG thread is in order.

The Power Wagon is a 2018.

Back