Western Pa., Eastern Ohio,GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know a guy works for Rosebud from Clarksburg. Small world.

indeed it is..although rosebud employs over 1400 ppl in PA. lol..they own a mine in WV and OH also. once ya get to the Kittanning area, rosebud owns ALLL the mines. SUPPOSEDLY...this years xmas party will take place at the civic arena..lol, cuz that giant fancy hotel in Pitt just aint big enough anymore..Crazy if ya ask me! lol although very good to see a business striving so much at a time of economical distress. come to think of it, their opening 3 more real soon. lol

I'm stuck dead in the mud too right now, my woods are normally a swamp anyway, now you can easily loose a leg and my logs are probably floating away as I speak...

Andrew If I can get you some pine would you want to mill it, or even have enough time?

I'm stuck dead in the mud too right now, my woods are normally a swamp anyway, now you can easily loose a leg and my logs are probably floating away as I speak...

Andrew If I can get you some pine would you want to mill it, or even have enough time?

Might have some time, but it is a long shot. My buddy would have to be available this weekend to mill it and I haven't even talked to him. I'm tempted to try one of those beam machines from ebay.:taped:

I was down by the Beaver river today near Wampum and a tree somewhere around 40 to 50 feet long went by. Just part of the stump was showing and the rest of the tree could be seen about 20 feet back. I can't imagine the damage that tree would do if it hit something,like a boat or dock. Of course anyone that got a boat in that mess is nuts.Lots of areas are flooded.If I get flooded up on this hill,I will be watching for an Ark to go by.
I have gotten a nice load of wood out for the GTG.I think I have plenty,if you want to bring more thats up to you. This weather is going to limit us a little but not much.If you step in the mud you are on your own. I'll throw you a rope is need be and we can pull you out with the tractor.(just kidding)

Well i can't be there on Sat because of my new job. If anyone is left on Sun i will gladly drive over since its only 56 minutes away. Or i can come over and play alone if you guys save me a chunk of wood LOL...Bob

Well i can't be there on Sat because of my new job. If anyone is left on Sun i will gladly drive over since its only 56 minutes away. Or i can come over and play alone if you guys save me a chunk of wood LOL...Bob

Just give me a call Bob you are welcome. I talked to a local Dolmar,Johnnyred,and Efco dealer,he said he will try to bring some saws and other stuff. The other guys have not given me a yes or no.

I have a kant stand I'll bring along, I'll try to fit some kants in if I have space.

Came home to a goodie box from Treestuff today! Hats, gloves, ear muffs and ear plugs, plus some stickers/magnets.

343nk1v.jpg

if its not to late i would like to join you guys. i am only about an hour north of you. pm me with anything that i would to bring. thanks

No one needs a reservation,anyone is welcome to come. Just drop in,there will be other GTG gifts given out besides what Epicklein has collected,come and enjoy yourselves. For those of you who Kant stand to long,there will be plenty of chairs.

Trying to figure the best spot to have this. I have considered one of my gardens. I would have to spread a lot of straw to stay out of the mud.

Wampum, I live Just over in Ellwood city and could bring over some straw. if needed. I live close enough to drop some off a day or so early.

Anyone who Kant Stand probably shouldn't try to run chainsaws but I'll bring it and some poplar Kants anyways. :msp_w00t:

Back