Western Pa., Eastern Ohio,GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wampum, I live Just over in Ellwood city and could bring over some straw. if needed. I live close enough to drop some off a day or so early.
That would be nice,I have decided on a spot that is pretty much mud free. But we could spread straw around that would still help. I imagine around 10 or 11 AM there will be a lot of saw dust to work with the straw. Your from Ellwood,I just left there I was in McDonald's shooting the breeze with some other guys. If you want my Phone # PM and I will give it to you,Thanks Dave

One week to go,they are saying rain off and on until Thursday,but Friday and Saturday are suppose to be nice with rain possibly on Sunday. Hope this holds up. We might be a little muddy,but I already got good clean cutting logs stacked up.

I have come up with some grab bags for the Western Pa. GTG.
I will not go into detail because they are not a paying sponsor here at AS.

But I can post a picture of the grab bag.

014.jpg

I have a couple semi-dwarf apple trees near where we will be cutting. I am going to trim them soon. If any of you guys are experts on pruning fruit trees and you want to offer your expertise. You are welcome to show the proper way to prune them.I am no expert by any means. I am not asking to get my apple trees pruned,just a little demo for all, on one small tree. These trees are small enough to be reached with out a ladder,they are only a couple of years old. I thought this might interest some members.

I have a couple semi-dwarf apple trees near where we will be cutting. I am going to trim them soon. If any of you guys are experts on pruning fruit trees and you want to offer your expertise. You are welcome to show the proper way to prune them.I am no expert by any means. I am not asking to get my apple trees pruned,just a little demo for all, on one small tree. These trees are small enough to be reached with out a ladder,they are only a couple of years old. I thought this might interest some members.

I am sure a few of us tree guys can provide some help and advice. I like pruning.

Anybody interested in buying some saws? I got a few done and will bring them if some one has some interest. I have the following saws up for sale:

Husky 395xp
Husky 246 (really like this saw)
Stihl 028WB

New goodies

Pinnacle Arborist Supplies stepped up to the plate big time! I almost thought about keeping this box and acting like it never arrived.:hmm3grin2orange:

In the box includes a 100' rope, a bar rail closer, chains, files, a rockman helmet, a gas can, sunglasses and some ear plugs.

001sty.jpg
002zas.jpg

003wuu.jpg

Pinnacle Arborist Supplies stepped up to the plate big time! I almost thought about keeping this box and acting like it never arrived.:hmm3grin2orange:

In the box includes a 100' rope, a bar rail closer, chains, files, a rockman helmet, a gas can, sunglasses and some ear plugs.

001sty.jpg
002zas.jpg

003wuu.jpg

nice!:clap:

I am sure a few of us tree guys can provide some help and advice. I like pruning.

Anybody interested in buying some saws? I got a few done and will bring them if some one has some interest. I have the following saws up for sale:

Husky 395xp
Stihl 028WB

I know that I'll be up for some trading and what not. I'm just going to pack all the saws up and see what happens.

Chris

Husky 395xp
Stihl 028WB

I have some interest in the 246.

Sounds like you got alot of stuff to bring. What other saws are you bring to the GTG?

I want to bring my Husky 238se, 339xp, 346xp, 372xpw and 575xp. Then some Jonsereds 2153, 2171 and 2188.
Oh and the grab bags from Husky too!

How much for the 028??

I'm not sure if I can make it but I'll toss J.Walker money if I'm interested enough.

Here ya go, 2 Stihl Chainsaws. I can come down on the price a little.

I have it apart right now for new clutch springs, but it has a single spring setup instead of the general 3 individual springs. I have a parts saw that I gonna check what style clutch it has. Either way, it should be back together friday.

I have some interest in the 246.

Sounds like you got alot of stuff to bring. What other saws are you bring to the GTG?

I want to bring my Husky 238se, 339xp, 346xp, 372xpw and 575xp. Then some Jonsereds 2153, 2171 and 2188.
Oh and the grab bags from Husky too!

I think the 246 would be right up your alley. Pretty much a 242xp with a different top end (larger, open port) if I'm correct. I really like the saw.

I haven't decided what to bring yet. I'm gonna bring my super splitter and have not decided whether to put it in my truck bed or trailer it. That decision will effect space. A tentative list includes: 246, P5000, Lesco LCS5100 (solo 651), 350, 2071, 390xp, 395xp (waiting on a muffler gasket), 262xp or 361, and the kita 7900. Might bring a 064 or the 064BB too. Too many chains to sharpen.:bang:

I believe my buddy will be coming along but have not confirmed that yet. He lurks around AS and likes saws/tree work. He has a 044, 261 with 262 piston, self-ported 026 and 200t. So I'm gonna have to make room for him too.

Hopefully the weather holds out.

Here ya go, 2 Stihl Chainsaws. I can come down on the price a little.

I have it apart right now for new clutch springs, but it has a single spring setup instead of the general 3 individual springs. I have a parts saw that I gonna check what style clutch it has. Either way, it should be back together friday.

I would take either one of those. I am not familiar with the 15, but it looks neat.

I've got a stihl 192t that's a decent runner I'll bring if anyones looking for one. I like the idea of a little swap meeting going on too and will bring some odds and ends along with the saws in my sig.

What's the tentative time that everyones showing up?
I was thinking 11am
should I bring my climbing gear lol

I've got a stihl 192t that's a decent runner I'll bring if anyones looking for one. I like the idea of a little swap meeting going on too and will bring some odds and ends along with the saws in my sig.

What's the tentative time that everyones showing up?
I was thinking 11am
should I bring my climbing gear lol

I will be at it at 8:00AM,I have a few things I have to do before that. We are suppose to get snow Friday,but Saturday is good to go with a chance of late evening rain. In the morning it will be cold but by noon should be in the upper 40's. I put a 10X20 carport tent up today over the cutting area.I did not put the legs on it,I am trying to keep that area snow free.That area is a turn around in my drive so it is gravel and goes to grass,to stay out of the mud. I will set one of my car hauler trailers near that spot,so that saws can be set on it. A fire will be going,tables on the back porch with kerosene heaters to keep the chill down. Coffee will be hot all day and cans of pop will also be available with bottled water. If I have time in the morning I will get donuts,so that they are fresh.

As far as climbing gear,I have a nice sized Walnut in the back yard,I am sure some would enjoy that. I am disappointed with all the mud. With out it we would have unlimited parking. But I think we can work around that,if we need to park along the road please stay on my side. I have great neighbors and I want to keep it that way. I should have room for at least a couple dozen cars off the road.

I'm planning on going with the Insight. If your going I'll just leave a few saws behind. Would like to be on the road to Nates about 3 or 4 oclock Friday. Will be driving home Saturday night.

You Guys can come to my house as early or late as you want Friday. Any time after noon I'm free.

Latest posts

Back