WHACKER CUT-OFF SAW IGNITION

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tomdcoker

tomdcoker

Addicted to ArboristSite
I remember someone saying that a ignition from a whacker cut-off saw would work on other saws but I do not remember what saw. If anyone knows please let me know. Thanks Tom

AVB

ArboristSite Operative
I am for don't what whacker cut-off saw is. Most of my research usually need the make, model, and sometimes even the serial numbers just figure what posters are working on. Could you enlighten us a little about what you have especially someone like me that is fairly new to this equipment.

tomdcoker

tomdcoker

Addicted to ArboristSite
A Whacker cut off saw is used for cutting steel or concrete with a 12" blade. I can not remember if it was made by Mcculloch or Dolmar. I think it has a hard to find ignition module but I am not sure. Tom

Giles

Giles

ArboristSite Operative
I remember someone saying that a ignition from a whacker cut-off saw would work on other saws but I do not remember what saw. If anyone knows please let me know. Thanks Tom
I have rebuilt and sold several Dolmar and Malita cut saws. I found Wacker to be a rebadged D/M just a different color. Ignition Module is expensive and prone to problems. Used ones are hard to find at a decent price and I ended up buying two junk Makitas with good coil.

tomdcoker

tomdcoker

Addicted to ArboristSite
Hi tom,

yes, some wacker units made by Dolmar use a sem ignition module like this one.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/SEM-Ignition-...chs-dolmar-husqvarna-/262251195213?nav=SEARCH

Used in stihls like 056, and also husky 2100/2101.

If you have a good used one, shoot me a pm, I might be interested :)

OK. That is the information that I could not remember, but this Whacker does not have one like in the link. It looks more like a Husqarna module. Thanks every one for the replies and information. Tom

Latest posts