whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those sycamores are easy to climb, lots of good TIP's...a good climber could have chunked those down in no time at all, saving you rental fee....but I will say, buckets are easy if you dont climb much and you got them down safe.

Spiking or rope climbing they are surely a dream. It makes me sad to see some guy in there with a lift missing out.

Last edited:
005_zps0d4f96da.jpg

I stopped smoking pot sometime last summer, I guess I had had enough. Now I am addicted to bullets, I don't think a guy could ever get enough.

007_zpsb47b9e70.jpg

There is a certain something about the feel of the weight in a full box.

Other than than that I am hoping to get on a couple jobs soon. I wanted to go out today but the lawns are saturated. I have one job lined up where they are going to kill the power on a tri-plex. I was supposed to be helpng a friend on that but he is not going to be around when they kill the power so he gave me the whole thing so I called retard Jared and told him to get his worthless lazy ass down here and make me some ####ing money soes I can buy some more bullets. I would have called NC but that guy scares the crap outta me and that is something that isn't easy to do. Well, I guess he doesn't scare me, just makes me nervous, real nervous, more nervous than Jared going full throttle spinning tires on a wet golf course with a back leaner hooked to his bumper.

Sometime before summer I guess I have to get a new pick-up truck. I don't really want to, I am not thrilled about it. I have a client who works at Dodge who will give me 1 percent under invoice so I am leaning towards that, something in a 3/4 ton with a plow allready on it all sparkling and new... maybe. I dunno, dam things these days will be rusted and busted in 10 years. I don't even really know what to get on a Dodge. I'm so cheap you'll probably see me up a Jared's making him fit my Ford plow on it.

I saw a 93 extended cab manual trans yota with 80k on it in pristine condition for 10k. For what I need it should work, its in really good shape ( 10K worth of really good shape) and replacing head gaskets on those v6's are pretty simple compared to our 04 4runner which they used black RTV to seal the front cover so that will be leaking like sive shortly. I can do my plowing with that just fine believe it or not but I will need to get a lighter plow.

I also saw a 93 Justy AWD in really good shape for 3500.00 which make me think about keeping my old trucks and running that 3 cylinder go kart around. They are also cheap and simple to work on. Maybe I'll get Jared to weld a plow on that.

Since it was crappy and raining out all day, I started to work on some chip screens for the grinder. I made one last year out of osb, but it is kinda heavy. I decided to make some out of two laith frames then sandvich two pieces of hardware cloth between them. Three screens like the one in the picture will be hooked together with hinges so i can position them around the grinder.

attachment.php

005_zps0d4f96da.jpg

007_zpsb47b9e70.jpg

Thats not very many bullets. That looks like about 2 hours of fun. I got many thousands of rounds loaded up. At one point, I have nearly 8000 ak rounds, but i sold them off when they were super high priced a couple years ago. You should get yourself a progressive reloader. I can reload 400-500 40 s&w rounds a hour with mine.

Since it was crappy and raining out all day, I started to work on some chip screens for the grinder. I made one last year out of osb, but it is kinda heavy. I decided to make some out of two laith frames then sandvich two pieces of hardware cloth between them. Three screens like the one in the picture will be hooked together with hinges so i can position them around the grinder.

attachment.php

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but does your grinder not have guard's?
Jeff:msp_biggrin:

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but does your grinder not have guard's?
Jeff:msp_biggrin:

It does have guards, but some of the chips will fly out the corners ex specially when you get a big pile of chips under the machine. My new grinder throws them a long way, and my 1625 rayco throws enough to make a mess.

Those sycamores are easy to climb, lots of good TIP's...a good climber could have chunked those down in no time at all, saving you rental fee....but I will say, buckets are easy if you dont climb much and you got them down safe.

I would of wraptored those but to me they look about 60 foot tall. the tallest one anyway. I'm in 90 foot daily over 100 foot fairly regular here is a 100 footer sure looks 40 foot taller than those to me :monkey:

treework2010016.jpg

004.jpg

treework2010012-1.jpg

Last edited:
Wound up taking out a bunch of apples today. Originally it was supposed to be about a half dozen, then a dozen, we wound up taking out 16, they just kept adding them on. Truck load of chips, and we'll go back for the wood later in the week when we do the additional pruning. It was kind of nice though, got the truck and chipper right in through all the rows. Just drive down, cut and chip, drive some more, cut more.

I would of wraptored those but to me they look about 60 foot tall. the tallest one anyway. I'm in 90 foot daily over 100 foot fairly regular here is a 100 footer sure looks 40 foot taller than those to me :monkey:

treework2010016.jpg

004.jpg

treework2010012-1.jpg

Yeah, maybe its a big conspericy. The lift company probably gave me a 50' lift, that they slaped 80' stickers on and charged me for a 80 footer. lol. I rented a JLG 800s lift, and it was still about 10-15' short of the top. I had thought from memory they were around 75' tail when i looked at them, but realized when the lift was all the way up i still didnt have enough.

Yeah, maybe its a big conspericy. The lift company probably gave me a 50' lift, that they slaped 80' stickers on and charged me for a 80 footer. lol. I rented a JLG 800s lift, and it was still about 10-15' short of the top. I had thought from memory they were around 75' tail when i looked at them, but realized when the lift was all the way up i still didnt have enough.

Well bro I'm just saying in that picture my hi ranger could reach everything imo.

The trees look about 75 and of course when they say the boom is 80 feet they mean when its straight up in the air which, when doing tree work, is only good for jumping out of it.

But what I am, chopped liver? I could have saved you all that rigamaroll with the lifts, filled your ears with complaints, dissention, and vulgarity and clumb em right and proper while you stood around acting like a Rockerfeller.

The trees look about 75 and of course when they say the boom is 80 feet they mean when its straight up in the air which, when doing tree work, is only good for jumping out of it.

But what I am, chopped liver? I could have saved you all that rigamaroll with the lifts, filled your ears with complaints, dissention, and vulgarity and clumb em right and proper while you stood around acting like a Rockerfeller.

But I would of took an elevator ride with my wraptor and talked **** to you from the other tree :) So together we would of had it done before the lift got to it :)

But I would of took an elevator ride with my wraptor and talked **** to you from the other tree :) So together we would of had it done before the lift got to it :)

You got that right. Working with big takedown companies there would have been two climbers and done by lunch, I'd be stressed to get my rope out of the way before someone notched the trunks. Scyamore loves a sharp chain and comes down easy. The dust is a little irritating though.

Although it rained, some, it was a beautiful day!
I was up in Laguna Niguel ,, it was raining so I called the guy's in San Diego and they said ain't no rain.
Cool,, it was a beautiful day!
Jeff :msp_biggrin:

Hahaha I ate a son of a baconater today and ground stumps tomorrow getting freezing rain and sleet so today will seem like a beautiful day tomorrow:hmm3grin2orange:

You got that right. Working with big takedown companies there would have been two climbers and done by lunch, I'd be stressed to get my rope out of the way before someone notched the trunks. Scyamore loves a sharp chain and comes down easy. The dust is a little irritating though.

Toxic waste fee and I would look like darth vader lol:)

Latest posts

Back